Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happend to the traffic monitor in the notification area?> that Feature is gone..

qwertybollocks Guest

Angry What happend to the traffic monitor in the notification area?> that Feature is gone..

Since installing ZA Free Firewall Version 10.1.056.000 over version 9, I've lost the traffic monitor in the notification area.
    I have a ZA icon but it doesn't change with traffic. Should it?

XPSP3, Avast Free version 6.0.1289

Default Re: Traffic monitor awol.

I've lost the traffic monitor in the notification area.
    I have a ZA icon but it doesn't change with traffic. Should it?
    NO!

Sorry that Tray Icon feature was REMOVED in Ver. 10, it was a plain and simple fluff feature and thats all with no real purpose in Protecting your Comuter.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 14th, 2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: updated

qwertybollocks Guest

Thanks GeorgeV.

Incidentally, installation over the top of the old version went well. A couple of reboots and it was done. Painless compared to previous updates.

Only glitch so far has been internet protection switching itself off for no apparent reason. Only realised when I noticed the icon had gone from the notification area.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertybollocks View Post
    Thanks GeorgeV.

Incidentally, installation over the top of the old version went well. A couple of reboots and it was done. Painless compared to previous updates.

Only glitch so far has been internet protection switching itself off for no apparent reason. Only realised when I noticed the icon had gone from the notification area.
    Try this..

try Resetting the DEFAULT Settings
    Click on Tools/ Preferences/ click on Reset Default button..

qwertybollocks Guest

GeorgeV

"Incidentally, installation over the top of the old version went well" - well maybe not so well.
    I had repeated instances of "Internet at risk. Your web browsing is safe from phishing. Fix now." Tried resetting defaults but no improvement.
    So I uninstalled using the ZA utility and reinstalled. Hopefully it'll behave itself now.

Two points
    1. Internet at risk. Your web browsing is safe from phishing. What exactly is that telling me? Seems to be a contradiction.

2. While agreeing that the traffic monitor was, to a degree, a "fluff feature", it did have the benefit of being an obvious tell tale if ZA had stopped working. Any plans to incorporate some sort of fault indication in the notification icon, say colour change or blinking?

GeorgeV

"Incidentally, installation over the top of the old version went well" - well maybe not so well.

Two points
    1. Internet at risk. Your web browsing is safe from phishing. What exactly is that telling me? Seems to be a contradiction.

2. While agreeing that the traffic monitor was, to a degree, a "fluff feature", it did have the benefit of being an obvious tell tale if ZA had stopped working. Any plans to incorporate some sort of fault indication in the notification icon, say colour change or blinking?
    Thank you for your Feedback..

1.) Internet at risk.,may be due to Conflict with other Security programs blocking ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar.

2.) No, Sorry there are no Plans at this time to return the Traffic monitor.
    or anything like it..

qwertybollocks Guest

Thanks GeorgeV. Seems ok at present - ZoneAlarm security toolbar not installed.

Not really bothered about traffic monitor per se. More interested in a feature that would tell me if the firewall's gone down for any reason. At present, you don't know unless you go looking.

Thanks GeorgeV. Seems ok at present - ZoneAlarm security toolbar not installed.

Not really bothered about traffic monitor per se. More interested in a feature that would tell me if the firewall's gone down for any reason. At present, you don't know unless you go looking.
    You Welcome...

a.) If the Firewall goes down for some reason, 1.) either access to/from the Internet will be Blocked so that hackers will be blocked, or 2.) if Windows Firewall will be started in the absence of Za Firewall..

b.) you don't know unless you go looking..

unfortunately, you have to look at the monitor screen,
    Mouse over the ZA Tray Icon, and The Green Check marks let you know your protected.

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

More interested in a feature that would tell me if the firewall's gone down for any reason. At present, you don't know unless you go looking.
    You could also do the following : Under Windows Security Center on left side you'll see Resources.Click " Change the way Security Center alerts me ".Put a check in Alert Settings / Firewall " Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings ".

Have a nice Day

qwertybollocks Guest

GeorgeV

"Mouse over the ZA Tray Icon, and The Green Check marks let you know your protected" - not on my free version.
    Mouse over tray icon gives message "ZoneAlarm your computer is protected". But I was getting this message when I also had the "Internet at risk" message.

"unfortunately, you have to look at the monitor screen"

Always the best place to start, but I would have thought it would have been simple to do something similar to Avast. Anything off/disabled overprints an A on the tray icon - instantly visible with a glance.

Sky Soldiers

All already ticked. But if ZoneAlarm didn't "know" it was partially off, then I wouldn't expect the Security Centre to react.

With a bit of luck, these glitches may have gone with the clean installation. I'll continue checking the control centre frequently until I'm satisfied the problem's gone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information