Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happend to the traffic monitor in the notification area?> that Feature is gone..

hypnotist Guest

Angry Traffic Monitor Gone In New Version=Bad

Like others here I have noticed the Traffic Monitor RED/GREEN feature has been removed from the latest version of the software.

Whilist I have read that it was described as spoof feature or something similar, it was a very handy tool ! with the new BT HUB v3 no longer showing a flashing wifi traffic the Traffic Monitor feature gave me a instant way of quickly checking my download was indeen still running. If the green download stopped flashing or the red did not flash when trying a upload this was a fast reliable way to see something was amiss.

Now were gone 2 steps back and like others here I will be dropping back to the earlier version of the software until a fix is made ? maybe giving the option of on/off for those who didn't like it, if it does not come back then its time to look for another firewall product that will show traffic, like the other free cheap one do.

~~Bleep~~

Now I have 30+mins to drop back to the older version aagghh on all my PC's4
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 13th, 2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: comment violates "TOU" policy

Tori123 Guest

Default Taskbar

I've just installed the new version of Zonealarm free firewall version 10.1.065.000 just wanted to know if its normal not to have the red and green traffic volume control going up and down in the system tray?

Smile Re: Taskbar

Hi;

Sorry that Tray Icon feature was REMOVED in Ver. 10, it was a plain and simple fluff feature and thats all with no real purpose in the Protection of your computer by Zone Alarm..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 13th, 2011 at 04:15 PM.

Tori123 Guest

Default Re: Taskbar

Thank you!

Smile Re: Taskbar

Your Welcome...

hypnotist Guest

Default Re: Traffic monitor Gone

fluff feature and thats all with no real purpose.

Of course it had a purpose it showded internet traffic and no its gone it maybe described like a fluff feature but it was useful to lots who like me miss it

Default Re: Traffic monitor Gone

Hi;

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

*** NOTE: This is a plain and simple Fluff feature and that's all it is with no real purpose and has no real function in Protection provided by Zone Alarm...
    *** NOTE: Sorry there are NO Plans at this time to return the Traffic monitor or anything like it..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 13th, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: update

chenagemht Guest

Default No activity monitor in V10

All previous versions of Zone Alert had the handy red/green thermometer bar indicating the health of the internet connection. In version 10 of the Free Firewall I just get an inert icon, and if I right click it I get "Show Monitor" that just opens a big window that displays the status of the protection. Is that feature no longer available, and if so, how do I downgrade to an earlier version?

Smile Re: No activity monitor in V10

Hi;

that Feature was Removed in V10..

*** NOTE: This is a plain and simple Fluff feature and that's all it is with no real purpose and has no real function in Protection provided by Zone Alarm...

Sorry there are NO Plans at this time to return the Traffic monitor or anything like it..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 14th, 2011 at 04:58 AM. Reason: updated

relate Guest

Default Lost red/green traffic indicator

I just updated to ZoneAlarm 2012 free and have lost the red/green traffic indicator. Does anyone know how to get this back?

Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information