Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happend to the traffic monitor in the notification area?> that Feature is gone..

Default Re: Where is traffic monitor in the notification area?

Post moved in the existing thread to avoid dispersion and facilitate its review... Thanks
    Last edited by fax; November 12th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

soso Guest

Default Re: What has happen to the traffic monitor in the notification area?

I too am not happy about the removel of the traffic monitor on the ZA icon. You even had the old bar in the main ZA on one of the old versions that was good too. They could of put that back in for the time being.

The traffic monitor is really handy,as it tells me whats going on with my connection.

The other thing im not happy about is, ZA have removed the old, disable internet activity, lock internet. You used to just fight click the icon and right click.

Please bring them back and like a bit like in above photo.

Quote Originally Posted by soso View Post
    I too am not happy about the removal of the traffic monitor on the ZA icon. You even had the old bar in the main ZA on one of the old versions that was good too. They could of put that back in for the time being.

The traffic monitor is really handy,as it tells me whats going on with my connection.

The other thing im not happy about is, ZA have removed the old, disable internet activity, lock internet. You used to just fight click the icon and right click.

Please bring them back and like a bit like in above photo.

Hi;

Sorry the GUI Design like in below photo was removed in ZA Version 7.0.302.000 , years ago (January 15, 2007)..
    Zone Alarm has been completely Re-designed twice since then..

The Stop Button has been Removed from ZA 10.

Internet lock (STOP) is not advised at all. It will cause your PC to loose internet connection and cash other components of the Windows OS.

This is an old Relic feature from the ZA ver. 2.0 days and really only worked well on Win 95.

Use at your own risk in older ZA versions, it is also no longer supported if you have issues with it, there is no Tech Support for older ZA Versions with that feature.
    The Taffic Monitor has been removed in Version 10.

*** NOTE: the Traffic Monitor was a Relic from ZA ver. 2.0 that was designed to work well with Windows 95,
    it was a plain and simple Fluff feature and that's all it is with no real purpose and has no real function in Protection provided by Zone Alarm...

Here is a Quote from the Moderator..

Sorry there are NO Plans at this time to return the Traffic monitor or anything like it,
    also there is very little chance of returning to the very old GUI design from version 6.x..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 15th, 2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kamot Guest

Default ZAF 10.1.065 Animated Icon

The animated icon seems to have disappeared in the latest version of ZAF. I use that feature to monitor my internet connection to see whether traffic is passing or not. Any way to turn it back on or do I have to go back to the older version. Or heavens forbid another firewall.

Quote from moderator:
    Sorry there are NO Plans at this time to return the Traffic monitor or anything like it,
    also there is very little chance of returning to the very old GUI design from version 6.x..
    Guess it's goodbye ZA.......
    Last edited by kamot; November 14th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.

innkeeper9 Guest

Given that the strong/bold all caps NO! is the response we can assume this will not come back, but..... as to fluff, although it is considered 'fluff' as to protection, for many it gave a feeling of comfort to know at a glance it was working. Maybe that's not so for advanced knowledgeable users, but for those like me, we don't really think it was fluff, we liked it

Ruth

berndel Guest

Thumbs down Re: What has happen to the traffic monitor in the notification area?

i will get back the version before because i want to see the green and red traffic! also missing in the right click menu in notification area: stop completly internet connection.

i can't understand why developer removes features in a new version! a new version should only have additional features! the old features should stay for the users who use this software over many years!

stephenzone Guest

I have registered on this forum for this one single issue!!

I just updated to the new version today, after using ZoneAlarm for over 10 years since using windows 95!

I desperately miss the traffic monitor, and want it returned ASAP

I often glanced at it to confirm the status of my internet connection, and kinda like seeing the little fellow blinking away quietly in the corner. Whether it was of any 'use' or not is entirely immaterial - I miss it, and want it back!

So there, I've said my piece, glad I registered to do so...

zxl Guest

I disagree that the active monitor icon is "fluff."

1) From a security standpoint, it is very useful to know if an application is unexpectedly accessing the internet.

2) From a convenience standpoint, I like to know if a web page is slow in displaying due to data still being transferred from the site or some other reason local to my machine.

I wnat it back!

1776blues Guest

I liked it too and had I known I would have not upgraded to the version presented to me.

Now, I have this icon sitting there that is pretty much useless!

The little red/green icon allowed me to determine if it was a slow website or my internet was down.Soon as I saw all red I was on the phone with my ISP.

Mara27 Guest

Add me to the list of users who plead for the traffic monitor (as well as the "remember this setting" function) to return at least as an option (I actually registered just to voice this).

I won't be updating to ZA 10 unless these functions are made available again, and if there are no signs of that happening in a few months, I guess I'll have to go looking for another firewall which gives me what I need...

Mara

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information