Thread: [SOLVED] My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

hanging Guest

Unhappy [SOLVED] My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

I have verified that my ZA Extreme Security has been hacked into, and need HELP ASAP. I went to "my vault" to add a new password to my e-mail since I knew that it had been compromised, and when I did, I found that it could not be encrypted so I knew that something was seriously wrong. Therefore, I know that my ZA Extreme is not protecting me..... at first when I brought it up, it reflected that I was not protected.

In the interim, I am at a loss as to how to protect my e-mail, however changing the password once again is all I can think of doing at the present time since the old one has been breached.

Please, please, anyone who can provide assistance ASAP, tell me what I should do???

Smile Re: My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

Hi!

please follow ALL the steps as suggested here:
    Malware Clean-up Guidance <== click here

considering you have been infected by malware you should really have a close look to this:
    xyz was not detected. What I should do? <== Click here

If you have a valid ZA license
    Please click on the Support link in my Signature
    then click on the LIVE CHAT Link at the top Right side of the SUPPORT page and troubleshoot the issue with Technical Support.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    I have verified that my ZA Extreme Security has been hacked into, and need HELP ASAP. I went to "my vault" to add a new password to my e-mail since I knew that it had been compromised, and when I did, I found that it could not be encrypted
    And this is an indication of ZA been hacked? Sounds very confusing. The vault can't be hacked... and even if.. password are not physically stored anywhere in ZA. Probably trying to encrypt a format not accepted by the vault or simply ZA settings are corrupted.

Relax, don't panic... follow by the letter what already suggested by GURU George
    Last edited by fax; October 6th, 2011 at 09:35 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

hanging Guest

Smile Re: My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

Thank you, George V, and Fax! I was up till 1:00 a.m. yesterday morning getting this "fixed". Completely uninstalled the ZA Extreme, and reinstalled it. It took quite some time, however I noted that the format was completely new, and that was a surprise since I had just updated to the most recent version (100.250.000). At any rate, all is well now. I have had problems with attempted cracking (or hacking, whichever is correct) for years, however it has escalated once again, although I even have a hard-wired firewall. I am dealing with professionals (I have a better "name" for those scum-bags), so that makes it extremely difficult to maintain my security.

All is well, other than my browser (Firefox) being messed up again this morning, losing all of my bookmarks (I have them on a storage device so that is not a major problem), I do have ESET NOD 32 as my AV and it has always caught everything thrown my way.

I have used the Zone Chat on numerous occasions and have always found the representatives to be knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous, without exception.

Thank you again for all of the assistance which you so freely offer. It is most sincerely appreciated!
    Hanging
    Last edited by hanging; October 7th, 2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: adding information

Default Re: My Zone Alarm Extreme Security has been hacked into

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

As already reccomended to you in the past please keep it simple.

Do not overlap tools, choose one and master it. Work on limited users account. Keep your system up to date (move to windows 7 if you have not yet done it) check your installed programs for vulnerabilities (especially adobe acrobat, flash, shockwave and Java). Don't just double click on any executable you are confronted with. Only download software from legit companies websites.

Don't beleive too much what you see in movies, don't be taken by paranoia. If you follow the above simple rules no hacker will target you or will be able to break into your system unless you deal with secret commercial information or nation wide security files.

Running overlapping tools even if disabled do not improve your security, on the contrary, it will weaken it.

See here below for wrap-up security recommandations:
    "Recomended steps to Protect your Computer."

Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 7th, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information