I've just installed a BT home Hub3 router. Because it acts as a hardware firewall, most ports on my PC are stealthed according to www.grc.com. However, one port - port 161 - is open, and this has me worried. Many other BT customers who use this Hub also have the same problem, and according to BT it needs to be open for their maintenance of the network. So, if I cannot change the Hub's settings to hide port 161, I need to use a software firewall to do it. The problem is my ZoneAlarm Security Suite is now being bypassed by the Hub: it's no longer filtering incoming/outgoing traffic. To test it, I turned it off and went to www.grc.com again and scanned all service ports - all ports except 161 were stealthed.

So what settings do I need to input into ZA to allow it to work in conjunction with the Hub? I have a load of numbers from IPCONFIG, and my BT Home Hub settings including Broadband network IP address, Default gateway, Primary DNS, Secondary DNS etc. I haven't a clue what to do with them or whether they'll help ZA.

If I can do this, I can tell ZA what to do with port 161.

Tim

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.0.250.000
vsmon version: 10.0.250.000
Driver version: 10.0.217.000
Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1063996128