Thread: [SOLVED] Build 10.1.065 udinstaller32.exe error

Hybrid View

PAGirl Guest

Angry [SOLVED] Build 10.1.065 udinstaller32.exe error

Receive udinstaller32.exe error message and then software does not install. Can't even reload previous version- receive the same udinstaller32.exe error message - udinstaller32.exe has encountered a problem and must close.

Default Re: Build 10.1.065 udinstaller32.exe error

Exact ZA version you try to install? Previous version number and type? More information you more likely some users here will be able to help.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

PAGirl Guest

Angry Re: Build 10.1.065 udinstaller32.exe error

ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall 10.1.065
    Previous version was 10.1.035 which was provided by support to correct the virus update problem. I also tried upgrading to 10.1.056 which is when I first received the udinstaller32.exe error. Then tried the latest version posted yesterday which is 10.2.065.

Try to download on to your desktop this ZA removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

You must be logged as adminitrator to be able to remove properly ZA. You will be asked to reboot for the removal to be complete.

Now re-download the full ZA antivirus installer from here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...01_065_000.exe

Try to run it... Does it help?

P.S. That internal build (035) had strange effects on my folder permissions. You may need to boot your PC in SAFE MODE and remove any "checkpoint" or "zonealarm" folder in "program files" folder and "program data" folder (in windows 7, application data folder in XP, its hidden) in order to be able to install the latest version.
    Last edited by fax; November 11th, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

PAGirl Guest

Angry Re: Build 10.1.065 udinstaller32.exe error

Saved both files to my Desktop. Booted into Safe Mode and deleted Checkpoint and Zonealarm folders in locations you identified. Could not delete zlavscan.dll file. Booted into Normal Mode and was able to delete this file. Ran Clean.exe and ran the 10.1.065 intstall. First time it failed to scan the memory during the configuration process and froze there until I selected "Next". Program would not start on reboot. Uninstalled AVG Internet Security I had installed today for protection and reinstalled ZoneAlarm 10.1.065. No problems with the install except the program will still not load on Windows startup.
    Maybe I'll just forget this and go back to AVG.

LOL, you did not say you are running ZA AV with AVG. First rule on security, never run two antiviruses or two firewalls at the same time.

They may work fine for sometime but conflicts are behind the scene with applications fighting for resources, blocking each other in case of infections and creating unstable systems. This will result in less security.

Only choose one security tool and if you can't really avoid using something else only use software that is designed to work alongside with other security tools (e.g. free malwarebytes, free superantispyware).

If you are happy with the other antivirus then remove ZA. If you want to use ZA you will need to fully remove AVG including running their removal tool.

All this installing/removing may have also damaged your OS or files or left over are imparing the install of ZA. Use the free ccleaner to clean your system and registry before trying to install any of the two.

Good luck!
    Fax

Thread Information