Thread: ZA 10.1.065.000 - URGENT Security Engine Error, Help! >Unckeck Toolbar durring Instal

sodapop554 Guest

Default ZA 10.1.065.000 - URGENT Security Engine Error, Help! >Unckeck Toolbar durring Instal

As of a few minutes ago I updated my Zone Alarm free firewall to the following version:

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.065.000
    vsmon version: 10.1.065.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

After this I opened my Firefox browser and was requested to verify the Security Engine add-on. Upon doing so I right clicked in the blank area of my browser to see that the "Zone Alarm Security Community Toolbar" was unchecked like I wanted so that it still works just is hidden. However I also saw something labeled "Zone Alarm Security Engine" right below it which was also unchecked. Curious I tried to check it off and see what would happen. I then got the following Java Script Application error message:

unload: [Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removerObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line: 991" data: no]

What does all this mean? Do I have to reinstall my entire ZoneAlarm free firewall now? Please I need an answer ASAP if in fact this means I'm unprotected.
    Last edited by sodapop554; November 12th, 2011 at 02:10 AM.

Default Re: URGENT Security Engine Error, Help!

First check that your are on ff8, if not update it. Then I would simply try to check back the ZA engine ff and see if it work. If not, try to reinstall.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    First check that your are on ff8, if not update it. Then I would simply try to check back the ZA engine ff and see if it work. If not, try to reinstall.

I have Firefox 8 & it unchecks it self every time I close my browser. In addition according to ZoneAlarm itself the Security Engine & all features are working fine. Furthermore when I view the ZoneAlarm Security Engine via Firefox add-ons it says it's working as well. Is the ZoneAlarm Security Engine a toolbar itself? Because that's where it's being listed in that right click menu for toolbars along with: Menu Bar, Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar & Add-on Bar. Even though everything else says it's working does it still mean it isn't if that 1 thing doesn't stay checked?

Its the engine for the site checking feature in the toolbar. I am sorry I have not further suggestions to resolve your issue.
    May be other users here could suggest you other workarounds.

sodapop554 Guest

Its the engine for the site checking feature in the toolbar. I am sorry I have not further suggestions to resolve your issue.
    May be other users here could suggest you other workarounds.
    Oh ok, so is that component necessary for my Firewall to protect me properly? I ask because every time I visit a site I'm unfamiliar with I always check it with Norton Safe Web and MacAfee Site Advisor. I even read the user reviews to make sure that the site hasn't had any bad past history. However I do know that merely being online without visiting a website puts me at risk of a hacker or virus if my Firewall isn't working properly. So far though it's been blocking attempts just like before although as far as I know most of these attempts could be harmless. If this component is necessary though I can always reinstall. I just want to know that it is necessary before I do.

If your Site Check is Green and not Gray you're OK.Click on Site Check tab and you will get pop-up with Website info.If Site Check Gray and doesn't response when you click on it.I would suggest to reinstall,

ZoneAlarm Security Engine checked in IE8 and not FF8 using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.065.000.Don't know about Free version.Never use it.I'm assuming there is Site Check in the Free version and if there is, It's enable.

On ZAES I tried to enable ZoneAlarm Security Engine under View and got Java Script Application error message.It broke Site Check.Turn Gray.Could not recover.Had to reinstall.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 12th, 2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: rephrase

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    If your Site Check is Green and not Gray you're OK.Click on Site Check tab and you will get pop-up with Website info.If Site Check Gray and doesn't response when you click on it.I would suggest to reinstall,

ZoneAlarm Security Engine checked in IE8 and not FF8 using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.065.000.Don't know about Free version.Never use it.I'm assuming there is Site Check in the Free version and if there is, It's enable.

On ZAES I tried to enable ZoneAlarm Security Engine under View and got Java Script Application error message.It broke Site Check.Turn Gray.Could not recover.Had to reinstall.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Alright thanks, although I don't use the site check or the toolbar at all I probably will try reinstalling both FF8 & ZoneAlarm Free Firewall when I get the chance. If it still occurs then there's nothing more that I know of that I can do.

Considering you already use at least two others website check tools you can easily get rid of the ZA toolbar at install

sodapop554 Guest

Considering you already use at least two others website check tools you can easily get rid of the ZA toolbar at install
    Yeah I might do that too. So far though I don't ever get that error message so long as it's unchecked. I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Thread Information