Thread: [SOLVED] Virtualization Still Fails in ZAES Version 10

Hybrid View

jclarkw Guest

Default [SOLVED] Virtualization Still Fails in ZAES Version 10

I am still unable to use browser virtualization in version 10 of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security on my Windows XP SP3 system with IE 8. Yesterday, following detailed advice from Live Chat, I cleanly uninstalled version 10.1.056 (in which virtualization did not work at all) and installed version brand new version 10.1.065. Now when I turn on virtualization, the browser becomes EXTREMELY slow and soon crashes. (When browser virtualization is off, everything SEEMS to be OK.) I had no trouble using virtualization in ZAES version 9.3.037, but all three releases of version 10 that I have tried have failed one way or another.

QUESTION: Is it better (safer) to run version 9.3.037 with functional virtualization or 10.1.065 without it?
    Last edited by jclarkw; November 14th, 2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: minor correction of fact

Default Re: Virtualization Still Fails in ZAES Version 10

Quote Originally Posted by jclarkw View Post
    QUESTION: Is it better (safer) to run version 9.3.037 with functional virtualization or 10.1.065 without it?
    My Answer;

Sticky: "Is there an end-of-support date for Zone Alarm 9.3.037" <== Here

"Computers are Expensive pieces of equipment. For the same reasons that you lock your home and car (to keep others out), you need to have some type of latest version of a Firewall & Antivirus protection on your computer. There is an Arms race out there between Malware producers and Antivirus software producers. and the War Escalates Hourly.

Remaining unprotected with older versions of ZoneAlarm is a sure-fire way to become collateral damage in this war with Hackers and Malware.
    NOTE: you may want to Contact the Official Tech Support Live Chat again and Let them know that what they suggested did not work for you..

Please provide them with more details on how to Replicate your problem..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 14th, 2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jclarkw Guest

>>Note: you will get no support what so ever from Checkpoint at all if you have a problem with older ZA Versions.<<

OK, but I lose virtualization if I stay with 10.1.065. The Live Chat tech told me that the main improvement from version 9 (other than the %#$&1$@* toolbar!) was a faster AV engine but that, as you mentioned, the old one would still accept the updates. He seemed to be saying that I might be safer with version 9.3.037 if I visited unpopular sites -- I suppose those that weren't already rated by ZA. This was the issue I was trying to get at -- tradeoffs between virtualization and improvements in vs. 10.

And yes, I did report the ongoing problems to Live Chat. (Trying to do my duty.) The have collected a log file of my issue, so maybe some improvement will emerge eventually.

~~Offtopic~~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 14th, 2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Please stay on Topic for this thread

Smile Re: Virtualization Still Fails in ZAES Version 10

Hi;

Thank you for your feedback to this user Forum and to the Live chat Support..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Statistically Speeking, less that 1/1,000th of one percent of Zone Alarm users have reported any type of problem with Zone Alarm on their Computers.

ZA Forum Statistics: Threads: 39,358, Posts: 149,393, Members: 114,602, Active Members: 387
    Division Overview ZoneAlarm®, a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company, is one of the most secure brands in consumer Internet security. ZoneAlarm protects over 60 million PCs from viruses, spyware, hackers and identity theft. The award-winning Internet security product line is installed in consumer PCs and small businesses, protecting them from Internet threats. The ZoneAlarm family of products is among the most popular and successful Internet security products available on the market. Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...-zonealarm.htm
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 16th, 2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Full ZASP Removal Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by jclarkw
    First, please uninstall ZoneAlarm by using the Uninstall option on the Remove Programs menu on the Windows Control Panel. Restart when prompted. If you are unable to do this, please skip this step and continue on to step 2. Run the universal uninstaller found at the link below. This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm data from your computer: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe **Remember to SAVE the download to your desktop. DO NOT select RUN or OPEN when downloading.

Now we will run the Web Security removal script to ensure the Web Security is removed. I provided steps below to run the removal Script:

1. Download the removal script with the link below: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ff_cleanup.zip
    2. Save the file to your Desktop
    3. After the download is complete you can close all windows that are open and on your desktop you should see a new icon named "ff_cleanup.zip."
    4. Right-click the file and click Extract All.
    5. Click Next two times, then Finish.
    6. Double-click “ff_cleanup.cmd” to remove all Web Security files. Now run the toolbar removal tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr.../IEcleaner.exe

I would also suggest running a Cleaner and Registry scan with CCleaner. CCleaner can be downloaded at the link below. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/

Then re-install ZoneAlarm using the file downloaded at the link below:
    Looking for the latest version?
    Last edited by fax; January 18th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information