I seem to have several serious (and one minor) related and ongoing problems with the way ZASP 10.1.065, and other recent versions, handle my new networks.
I have read only sporadic reports of others with the same problem so it is quite puzzling.
I am waiting to hear back from ZoneAlarm Tech Suport but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or has any insights. For me, it has been going on for some time now.
These problems seem to have appeared (as far as I can tell), with my upgrade from ZoneAlarm Internet Security to ZoneAlarm Extreme starting from version 9.3.037, through internal version 10.1.035 to 10.1.56 to 10.1.65 with a number of complete removals and clean installs in the process.
- New networks, that were not previously found, are immediately placed into the Trusted zone, seemingly even before the New Network Found Alert/Dialog appears.
- New networks, that were previously found, are immediately placed into the zone to which they were assigned last time. If a user specifies that (s)he wants to be asked, then (s)he can legitimately expect to be asked each time. For a laptop user, for example, network 188.8.131.52 might be Trusted at home but Public on the road.
- No matter what the user specifies in the New Network Found Alert/Dialog, the new network remains in the Trusted zone unless and until the user manually edits its settings to place it in the Public zone.
- The New Network Found Alert/Dialog appears twice for every network.
- Any name that the user gives the new network in the New Network Found Alert/Dialog is ignored by ZASP and it is called New Network until the user manually edits its settings and changes its name.
ZoneAlarm Extreme 10.1.065, Win XP Pro SP3