Thread: [SOLVED] Zone alarm ignores deny list

Thumbs up [SOLVED] Zone alarm ignores deny list

I have set zone alarm to notify me every time. It asks me when the exe file is already part of the list I created. same location even.

Smile Re: Zone alarm igmnores deny list

Hi;

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, Browser type and version and any other security tools type and version installed.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:44 AM.

Default Re: Zone alarm igmnores deny list

Ensure you have the latest version of ZAfree 10.1 onwards

- Go to Application Control and ensure it is set to MAX
    - Go to Smartedense and ensure it is set to MANUAL or OFF
    - Go to Program control and ensure that "Enable Microsoft Catalog Utilization" is UNchecked
    - Reboot the PC
    - Go to Program List and remove the entry(ies) in question.

Try Now

Other users are reporting its working perfectly fine both in ZAfree and ZAPRO
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost...2&postcount=12
    Last edited by fax; December 11th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default I want allerts

When I access certaina program It acces's the internet even though I do not want it to. I have put 'X's agains all of the programs in zone alarm but it still happens. I have set my controls to Max and Auto
    Ato implies that I will get lots of unwanted allerts. The problem is I want an allert to find out waht is going on. Auto is not doing that.

I could mark an x against all 500 programs which would probably take hours and stop the computer because some are windows.

How do I get 100% alerts tempory to find this.

Desmond.

Default Re: I want allerts

You are already posted the same question last year. I therefore move the posts in the sticky thread. Please search the board before posting.

ZA is not designed to block what normally should not be blocked. In security the basic principle is not installing software if you are afraid about its connections. If you have it installed then you should trust and let it do their work. Stopping MS windows is also a no go. If the approach is like that then better to shift to another OS that you can trust.

The focus should not be on trusted sources but untrusted one. These by default will not be granted permissions in ZA. Otherwise you spent your time controlling the unnecessary with little added value in terms of security and malware prevention.

If nevetheless you want to be bored by hundreds of pop-ups and probably causing issue to your system by blocking core functionality then you can read here above in your same thread

It is always useful before posting here to do a quick search to avoid duplication and unncessary confusion to readers. Also it is useful you always paste the detailed information about the version (and build) of ZA used as features and options changes according to the free version used.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; March 15th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information