Thread: Access Issues

dusty_v Guest

Default Access Issues

Ok, I'm using ZAES. Today I caught a nasty bug. You know that kind where you get a popup that says you have security issues then takes over everything. Well, some how it messed with my ZA settings and locked my internet connection. I accidently figured out that if I turned ZA off I got my connection back. I remember in older versioms there was an internet lock but I can't find anything like that in ZAES. So what should I do? Uninstall everything and do a clean install or is there something I'm missing?
    Tnx,
    Dusty

Default Re: Access Issues

Follow all the steps as suggested here for Malware Clean-up Guidance :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

Also look here :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72918

BTW : Internet Lock is no loner an option in current version.

Have a nice Day

Technical Support : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.065.000
    ZoneAlarm license key:
    vsmon version: 10.1.065.000
    Driver version: 10.1.065.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1064859008
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 24th, 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added version

naivemelody Guest

Exclamation Re: Scareware, fake av attack, I don't know what to do

Generally should not click any link/ button from the pop-up/ dialogue box saying: "Warning.../ Alert.../ You have security issues..." box not even the (red)" X "/ Close button" to normally shut it off (sometimes that X button = their false link to download more malware which is not what you want).

And of course don't buy the rogue scareware you can remove the real infection which 'is the rogue/ scareware itself' and it's scare tactics( fake pop-up's and fake infections) .

Recommended: immediately...to close these browsers/ pop-up's externally...

- if you have ZoneAlarm Extreme Suite (not to be confused with the ForceField toolbar of the rest of the ZA line of firewalls {ZA Free/ ZA Pro/ ZA Anti-Virus/ ZA Suite})...

>with 'Browser Security' click/ open
    -> Settings
    -> Advanced
    -> Virtualization
    -> simply click "Clear Virtual Data"
    -> OK - this will clear all open "virtual" browser pages, boxes, pop-ups providing extra security.

When you are using ZoneAlarm Extreme Suite the first fake pop-up scan/ scareware will be eliminated and not affect your 'real' pc after you 'clear virtual data'/ close out that browser(s) and/or enter Windows 'Task Manager' to shut off all "Applications"/ web pages running.

You can also "physically" unplug/ disconnect from the internet - unclip the wire plug, etc. while you...

Do this - press keys > 'Ctrl' and 'Alt' and 'Delete' < together at the same time and enter Windows 'Task Manager' to shut off all "Applications"/ web pages running...

-> Highlight the ~ Task (browser(s) pages/ pop-up's with your mouse and then click button 'End Task' for the various running objects you have.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Additionally reading: click here -> http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=77122 <

-->
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthrea...472#post285472 <-

Footnote/ update: I've now seen three such scareware pop-up's - and recommend use Windows Task Manager method and not use 'Alt' and 'F4' method.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    NaiveMelody NYC - 11-24-11 - Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
    Last edited by naivemelody; November 24th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Default Re: Access Issues

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_v View Post
    Ok, I'm using ZAES. Today I caught a nasty bug. You know that kind where you get a popup that says you have security issues then takes over everything.
    If using ZAES.It's wise to have Web Security ON.Virtualization would have prevented drive-by downloads and browser exploits.

All threats to you or your PC go to a temporary, virtual version of your browser.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 25th, 2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Added Info, rephrase

Thread Information