Thread: [SOLVED] sky go problems

whipleg Guest

Smile [SOLVED] sky go problems

hi there i hope you can help.i cannot watch sky on my pc anymore,i have contacted sky on numerous occasions and they said it must be my firewall configured wrong.i haven't a clue what they are on about it used to work fine now it doesn't.i think they are just fobbing me off with any excuse.can you help.i have searched the net and found afew more people with the same problem..i have windows xp service pack 3 and zap extreme security. i have internet explorer and firefox installed.if you require anymore info please ask..i would be very grateful for any reply i might receive........cheers nicko

Default Re: sky go problems

How do you watch sky? Do you have a link to test? Which exact version of ZA you use? Which settings you have applied? E.g. Is ZA virtualization turned ON? Assuming its web based, do you have the same problem both with Internet explorer and Firefox?

More information you post more likely other users will be able to help.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

whipleg Guest

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.0.250.000
    vsmon version: 10.0.250.000
    Driver version: 10.0.250.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1065105536
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.322.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
    this is my zap extreme version.i have the same problem with firefox v 7.0.1 and windows explorer 8.it used to work fine but now it doesn't...cheers for the reply

Hi!

Well, you have not posted all the information requested but I will make some guess on your setup.

The version of ZA Extreme you use is not compatible with Firefox 7. You should update ZA and firefox as follow (please follow the steps in order from 1 to 7):

1. Download the latest version of ZA Extreme from here:
    Looking for the latest version?
    2. Remove the current ZA installed via XP add/remove programs (reboot needed)
    3. Update firefox to version 8.0.1 (latest ZA is NOT compatible with firefox 7)
    4. Install and run ccleaner to clean your registry and system from left overs and junk (watch out not to install the toolbar or any other software ccleaner will offer you at install).
    5. Now install latest version of ZA Extreme 10.1.065.000 (it will take sometime since the installer will download the right file for your system).
    6. Open ZA, push on "computer", then click on the link "Update Now" under the antivirus/antispyware section. Update can take sometime.
    7. Test now if you still have problems.

Cheers,
    Fax

whipleg Guest

hi there cheer sfor the reply,i will do what you suggested and let you know the result..the reason i didn't post all the info you asked for is because i didn't know what (ZA virtualization turned ) meant or where to find it..i have used ZAP for years and never had any problems but this latest version is not running very well at all..cheers again for the reply

The ZA virtualization (browser virtualization) is in ZA "internet" section. You should also try to post a link to a web site (?) to try to replicate the issue or to see if it is only something at your end.

There are few rules to follow if you use ZA browser virtualization. Such as to never install browser, flash, java and other browser add-ons updates with ZA virtualization turned ON. They will likely install in the sandbox (restricted area) and thus potentially getting corrupted or getting wipe out as soon as the virtual cache is cleaned. Always turn it OFF before maintenance.

This will ensure a stable and trouble free experience with the this very strong protection.

Also double check you don't run other security tools at the same time. They will conflict with ZA and help your system to be unstable. You can check with this tool: http://www.appremover.com/
    Last edited by fax; December 4th, 2011 at 06:57 AM.

whipleg Guest

hi there cheers for the reply i will do all of that now i have already downloaded the update and installed it i will go on sky in a min see what happens..cheers again nicko

whipleg Guest

Thumbs up Re: sky go problems

hi there again'just been on sky works perfect now and i only did the update.i didn't even have to uninstall the old version or do that zap virtual thing you said..thank you vey much for all your help.your a star.i can watch the footy in peace now..cheers again nicko

Thank you for taking the time to report back. I will close this thread since the issue is resolved.

Thread Information