Thread: ZA logs all empty?

georgewtf Guest

Default ZA logs all empty?

ZA Free 10.1.065.000, on XP SP3 box.

Since upgrade, the firewall log is completely empty. IIRC, this was not the case in prior versions. I'm wondering if I haven't configured correctly, or even if ZA isn't really running.

Default Re: ZA logs all empty?

May be previous version was not configured correctly and you saw entries that should have not been there.

See this discussion to double check:
    firewall access attempts blocked

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

georgewtf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    May be previous version was not configured correctly and you saw entries that should have not been there.

See this discussion to double check:
    firewall access attempts blocked

Fax
    Maybe. I guess I'm more confused than I knew. ZA in the tray shows an empty log. ZA fwpktlog file, from 'documents and settings ...' is full of records. (All "Packet dropped", FWIM.)

Possibly more significantly, I don't see anyplace to set which programs should have 'net access. (ask/allow/deny, in the past.) Is there possibly some other ZA user interface, besides the one in the tray? Do I need to drop back and punt?

For application control see here: Computer --> application control --> program list.
    Please just search the board there are many posts about it and also about how to configure ZA for full manual pop-up flood.

fwpktlog is a service log for diagnostics. Nothing to do with blocked incoming/outgoing unsolicited calls.

There is little to change or adapt on ZA10, just ensure ZA application control is set to maximum level and leave the rest on default. ZA will be able to determine automatically trusted and untrusted processes and ask you what do you. Relax, sit back and concentrate on the actual use of the PC rather then configuration of the firewall.

If you want otherwise to deal with a very chatty firewall with pop-ups here and there then you will need to turn off all the autopilot functions in ZA starting from ZA smartdefense to trusting MS executables.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 30th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information