Thread: Correct Vs. of 'klif.sys' for ZAES 9.3.037 (or later)?

jclarkw Guest

Default Correct Vs. of 'klif.sys' for ZAES 9.3.037 (or later)?

A Kaspersky driver in the Windows/System32 folder on my Windows XP SP3 system (klif.sys vs. 8.4.076) dates from 10/12/09 or even earlier. (I won't go into why I'm running version 9.x of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, as that's covered in another thread.) What I want to know is whether this version of klif.sys is actually "current" in ZAES 9.3 (which dates from July 26, 2010 and later) or in 10.x, or whether I can safely remove it. If it is indeed a valid version, then why is it so old??? It seems to be conflicting with a build of WinPE 2.0 from Windows Automated Installation Kit... -- jclarkw

Default Re: Correct Vs. of 'klif.sys' for ZAES 9.3.037 (or later)?

Hi;

NOTE: The ZA Version 10.1x Update is Free if your valid ZA registration has not Expired:

Sorry, Please Upgrade to ZA 10.1.065.000

The instruction for a clean install are below,

1. Download the latest ZA version <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check that no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe v3.13.1600 (28 Nov 2011)
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, now reboot after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings.
    Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator:

you will get no support what so ever from Checkpoint at all if you have a problem with older ZA Versions.

Support will tell you to Upgrade to the latest ZA version before they even begin to help you.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 3rd, 2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

You should consider moving soon to a different security tool that you can keep up-to-date, running an old security software combined with an old antivirus engine will not provide you with an optional protection. Several security fixes and improvement have been integrated in ZA latest version.

To know if that file is correct you will need to remove ZA, check if the file is still there (if yes, remove it), install back, check again. Done

Judging from the amount of posts in this forum and the problems you are experiencing it is really essential you report all these issues to the official technical support for troubleshooting rather than here and most importantly keep coming back to them if the issues are not resolved. This is also relevant if a claim for a refund is requested. In here we can only help on a user to user basis on common resolutions to problems.

Dates or version numbers on that specific file should not be a source of concern. Its normal and part of the Kaspersky SDK package in ZA. If you start to worry on each ZA file then one more reason to move to something you can trust and feel comfortable with.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 3rd, 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

No, its not current. As already mentioned ZA latest version comes with a new antivirus engine. Please keep getting back to official support to ensure your issue is escalated to development. Then if the issue will not be fixed it will mean that development could not replicate your problem.

Downgrading to a lower version is suboptimal. The strenght of ZA Extreme is in its web virtualization that is not present in other ZA solutions. Moreover considering that infection are nowadays coming mainly from web surfing then you should carefully consider to select a tool that has good web related protection.

Try to simplify your setup, remove unecessary software, remove add-ons and plug-ins. Simpler is your setup more solid will be your protection and troubleshooting will be rendered to a minimum.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 3rd, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

The question has already been answered. See above.

I will try again. ZA 10 comes with a new ZA antivirus engine, all kaspersky kernel drivers and other related files including antivirus signature format have been updated in XP as well all other platforms.

You should report the conflict with WinPE directly to ZA technical support if present also in the latest version 10.

Unless there are other questions I will close soon this thread since we have provided all the information possible and user support here is intended for latest versions. For any information of dates and files version you should direct yourself to official support since only ZA development can know why version 9 run certain version numbers and version 10 others.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 3rd, 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Thread Information