Thread: [SOLVED] What is npFFapi Firefox plugin? --> related to ZA and checking of websites

Threaded View

Default [SOLVED] What is npFFapi Firefox plugin? --> related to ZA and checking of websites

In Firefox 8.0.1, I see an add-on plug-in called npFFApi with no identifying label for itself in the Firefox add-on window. Several individuals have however suggested that it is in fact part of the Zone Alarm suite.

On the other hand, the Firefox add-on extension called Zone Alarm Security Engine comes with a positively identifying label for Zone Alarm. It says "By www.checkpoint.com" (I believe checkpoint.com is part of the Zone Alarm network).

Since the add-on "Zone Alarm Security Engine" actively identifies itself as being from www.checkpoint.com, I am not sure I trust an add-on like npFFApi that doesn't identify itself at all.

Does anyone know for a fact what npFFApi is? Can someone help us understand what's going on here? Thanks.
    Last edited by rickola; December 5th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)