Thread: ZA 10.1.065.000 Toolbar installs in IE anyway & force-closes IE if unchecked

bramweiser Guest

Default ZA 10.1.065.000 Toolbar installs in IE anyway & force-closes IE if unchecked

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Hello, and thank you for reading my post.

Following up on http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=78105, which was a similar thread to this one, and that was posted here in mid-November, my ZA 10.1.065.000 was installed with (I'm fairly certain) my unchecking the box about a Toolbar...and, yet, the "ZoneAlarm Security Engine" Toolbar occasionally shows up (as if on its own) in my IE browser.

What's worse, if I click on View --> Toolbars --> ZoneAlarm Security Engine, trying to uncheck it and, thus, make it disappear, it brings up a ZA message that says that, suddenly, my browser is "unstable" and ZA wants to send a dump back home to describe what happened...and then all(!) of my IE browser windows force-close.

In that earlier thread I cited above, its last post was by a ZA Forum-Moderator who said that:

"Yes this is a bug in FREE ZONEALARM 10.1.056 ONLY.

It will be fixed in the next release."

Now, either the Moderator mistyped the version number, and meant to say 10.1.065 (which that thread referred to, and which I also have), or that information was entered curiously as the thread actually referred to a version that already DID follow the one cited there...and the issue remains even after 10.1.056.

So, I'm confused...

Now, I've "disabled" the Toolbar in Tools --> Manage Add-ons..., and am waiting to see if it returns again on its own at some point. However, I want to remove it (though not ZA itself), and to do so in a way that won't cause my browser to crash.

Please advise about this, and as to how I and others should interpret that ZA Forum-Moderator's post. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
    Bram Weiser

Default Re: ZA 10.1.065.000 Toolbar installs in IE anyway & force-closes IE if unchecked

Hi!
    you will need to wait for the next release for the fix on the toolbar installing even without the selection.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bramweiser Guest

Default Re: ZA 10.1.065.000 Toolbar installs in IE anyway & force-closes IE if unchecked

Thanks, Fax.

Do you also know if that next release will enable us to somehow uninstall that Toolbar (not simply "Disable" the add-on) while keeping ZA still installed?

Much appreciated,
    Bram

Sorry all users here and ZAfree does not offer official support only users here. I can only suggesto to wait for the next release to see if the issue is fixed for you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information