Thread: za 9 and 10 lets Akama (uncle sam) thru even with it blocked or internet locked

cei955 Guest

Default za 9 and 10 lets Akama (uncle sam) thru even with it blocked or internet locked

I have been a za customer for over 10 years. I have za 9 on my w7 64bit and my netmon sees:
    a184-84-210-59.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com even if I block whole subnet 184 or turn on internet lock.

I also have za 10 on my xp sp3 and I cannot block out Akama there either.

Tech support says ZA uses Akama so customer cannot block.

~snip~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 22nd, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Off topic comment removed

Default Re: za 9 and 10 lets Akama (uncle sam) thru even with it blocked or internet locked

Hi;

I understand your frustration, but I am afraid this cannot be solved here. As a long time ZA user, you probably know by now, this is just a "user to user" support platform on common product related issues.

ZA uses akamai as a mirror. As do other companies like Microsoft, Adobe even most Local TV station websites use akamai...

Sorry, Tech Support does not read or Monitor this user supported User forum..

You will need to keep going back to the ZA official support (Live Chat) about what you are experiencing. No report, no fix.

If you cannot find a solution then probably its time to ask for a refund, if applicable.
    And then test other alternative Firewall solutions that may work well under your computer set-up, with the features that you are looking for..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 23rd, 2012 at 06:59 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: za 9 and 10 lets Akama (uncle sam) thru even with it blocked or internet locked

This has been discussed many many times before. It is normal ZA uses akamai as mirror. As other companies like Microsoft, Adobe... etc.
    Search the board for akamai. Don't want to use akamai? You need to remove ZA and may be shifting to LINUX.

Don't beleive all what you read on internet, akamai is perfectly fine. No panic, sit back and relax

What is AKAMAI?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 23rd, 2012 at 07:57 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information