Thread: Port 13568, What Is It?

sodapop554 Guest

Default Port 13568, What Is It?

Sometime today I noticed a blocked outgoing event in my ZoneAlarm Free Firewall log, it was going out from my computer to port 13568. I asked on http://www.pchelpforum.com what it could be & 1 of the tech members suggested it may be malware. Although I've run scans with MSE only to find nothing, in addition to this my computer runs fine. He also suggested that I download & run something called "OTL" via this link http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe. However, there is 1 bad review by a Norton Safe Web user regarding the site to download OTL from. Should I trust the link & download this anyway to see if there is any malware on my system that MSE can't detect?

Default Re: Port 13568, What Is It?

Try looking up common uses of the port on this page

https://www.grc.com/PortDataHelp.htm

It wont tell you 100% whats using it just general info.

Unfortunately there nothing in there database about this port, sorry.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

You can also do the following :

In Log Viewer : Firewall--> Type--> Outgoing, click to highlight entry.

Click More info button and it will take you to SmartDefense Advisor

Look under Hacher ID tab for Directions on how to perform a Whois lookup :

1. In a separate browser window, copy and paste the URL of one of the Internet registries that are listed above.

2. Find the remote IP address for this alert by reviewing the information on the Technical Info tab of this SmartDefense Advisor report.

3. At the registry website, enter the remote IP address you obtained from the Technical Info tab, and click on the "search" button. The registry will perform a lookup and display the search results.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 26th, 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Rephrase

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    You can also do the following :

In Log Viewer : Firewall--> Type--> Outgoing, click to highlight entry.

Click More info button and it will take you to SmartDefense Advisor

Look under Hacher ID tab for Directions on how to perform a Whois lookup :

1. In a separate browser window, copy and paste the URL of one of the Internet registries that are listed above.

2. Find the remote IP address for this alert by reviewing the information on the Technical Info tab of this SmartDefense Advisor report.

3. At the registry website, enter the remote IP address you obtained from the Technical Info tab, and click on the "search" button. The registry will perform a lookup and display the search results.

Have a nice Day
    You lost me at "copy and paste the URL of one of the Internet registries that are listed above". What registeries are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop554 View Post
    What registeries are you talking about?
    If you still have the entry in the Log Viewer : Firewall--> Type--> Outgoing ( IP address ), click to highlight entry.

Click on More info button and it will take you to SmartDefense Advisor.Once at the SmartDefense Advisor Web Site you see four tabs :

Overview--> Technical Info--> Details--> Hacker ID

Under Hacker ID you will the see the Internet registries that are listed.There are four Internet registries that you can use to do Whois Lookup.

Footnote : I have never used the Free ZoneAlarm Firewall version.So not sure if this is accessible in the Free version.

Have no other suggestions to offer.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 11th, 2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: No Free Tech Support for Free Version

There needs to be an entry in Log Viewer--> Firewall to access SmartDefense Advisor.So this is the info under Hacker ID tab that I see :

Whois is a service that provides information about the registered owners of Internet domain names and IP addresses. It can help you track sources that are attempting to probe your ZoneAlarm protected system. Using the IP addresses shown in the Alerts screen, you or your network administrator can obtain more information about unknown probing sources from one of the following Internet registries:

American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) for North America, a portion of the Caribbean, and sub-equatorial Africa: http://www.arin.net/whois/index.html

Réseaux IP Européens Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) for Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and African countries: http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois

Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) for the Asia Pacific region: http://www.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl

Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC)for Latin American and Caribbean region: http://lacnic.net/cgi-bin/lacnic/whois?lg=EN

Directions on how to perform a Whois lookup:

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 27th, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Typo

sodapop554 Guest

[QUOTE=Sky Soldiers;292831]If you still have the entry in the Log Viewer : Firewall--> Type--> Outgoing ( IP address ), click to highlight entry.

Click on More info button and it will take you to SmartDefense Advisor.Once at the SmartDefense Advisor Web Site you see four tabs :

Overview--> Technical Info--> Details--> Hacker ID

Under Hacker ID you will the see the Internet registries that are listed.There are four Internet registries that you can use to do Whois Lookup.

Footnote : I have never used the Free ZoneAlarm Firewall version.So not sure if this is accessible in the Free version.

Have no other suggestions to offer.

Have a nice Day

Live Chat is not available for me with the free version
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 11th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Thread Information