Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] virtualisation in Extreme Security

Hybrid View

Dave Guest

Default [SOLVED] virtualisation in Extreme Security

I am unable to produce virtualisation in ZA Extreme Security version10.1.079.000. Computer= IE8, XP SP3. I have installed & reinstalled several times. On last two occasions I consulted Chat Line and downloaded the cleaning tool and reinstalled without success.

I've looked at the threads but being computer illiterate haven't found anything ? that seems to help. I have loaded this program into a new laptop (Windows7 IE9) and the virtualisation works OK - the visible web page dissappearing on clicking the "clear virtual" button, as happened in the stand alone versions of Forcefield previously installed.

Has anyone any remedy please

Default Re: virtualisation in Extreme Security

Unfortunately this is a very difficult issue to resolve if it does not work. This applies to virtualization, site check and advance download scan. What I have seen working (on windows 7) is to restore the PC to a previous "system restore point" for which ZA was working (or not installed).

I can only guess that there are elements that are not properly removed or reset in the OS registry or hard disk that uninstall or removal tool seems not able to fix.

You may want to try to restore the system on a date in which you did not have the problem. To do so you will first need to remove ZA from the system (otherwise restore will not work properly).

How to restore Windows XP to a previous state

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hello,

I also want to note that the Virtualization technology is is finicky as far as PC's it will run on reliably.

If you try different restore points the only suggestion left is very drastic.

Format your hard drive re-install your OS and only install all service packs and critical and non-critical Microsoft updates.

Don't install any other software/drivers for anything else. Now Install ZA and see if Virtualization will work or not.

If not then there nothing support can do to make it work. Virtualization just wont run on your PC at all at that point sorry.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Dave Guest

Angry Re: virtualisation in Extreme Security

Thanks for your suggestions. I had Forcefield installed for two years previously and it performed admirably. As mentioned I've had umpteen attempts to install ZAES on my desk computer (XP sp3 IE8) - carried out an aggresive search to delete any remaining ZA files lurking after uninstalling. All without success.

Even installing Extreme Security in a NEW laptop (IE9 Windows7) the virtualisation has proved to be inconsistant! When logging into a (say) bank account where one has to enter security data over several pages, the virtualisation often fails to clear the pages. This therefore defeats the purpose of buying and installing this program!!

When Forcefield stand-alone did the job, one wonders whether the bugs in ZAES were sorted out prior to marketing. A pity - further attempts to successfully install seems futile!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    When logging into a (say) bank account where one has to enter security data over several pages, the virtualisation often fails to clear the pages.
    Can you elaborate more on the above? Clearing the pages is not really a task of the virtualization.

As mentioned I've had umpteen attempts to install ZAES on my desk computer (XP sp3 IE8) - carried out an aggresive search to delete any remaining ZA files lurking after uninstalling. All without success.
    yes, my experience is that you can have a chances with restore points or reformats but not with what you describe.

Sorry

The stand alone version of Forcefield was totally different than the built in version in Extreme. Code is different.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

I am unable to produce virtualisation in ZA Extreme Security version10.1.079.000. Computer= IE8, XP SP3. I have installed & reinstalled several times. On last two occasions I consulted Chat Line and downloaded the cleaning tool and reinstalled without success.

Has anyone any remedy please
    Clear Virtual Data : Deletes all unsolicited downloads caught in the ForceField protective virtual file system. Also deletes browser download history list and browser cache.Clear only when browser close to function properly.

You could try the following.Assuming you 're still also using the other Computer with IE8, XP SP3.

Next time you try to reinstal ZAES.After running the clean.exe.Run the following to remove leftovers from the old standalone ForceField code on you're XP computer.

Dedicated tool to remove the standalone version of forcefield :

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ff_cleanup.zip

Then try to reinstall ZAES on you're XP computer.

Have no other suggestions to offer.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 4th, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Rephrase

Dave Guest

Is there some indication that "clear virtual data" is working ? (or for that matter whether ZA extreme Security is actually functioning?)
    I have reinstalled the program again on desktop IE8 XP sp3, - and laptop IE9 windows home premium.

I have problems with the supplied CD, installs about 2/3 then says it isn't possible to finish, advising install from website. Having 'saved' the original web installer data to computer. I ran this and apparently program reinstalled ok but with no apparent improvement.

I have exceeded the 30day cash-back period but wonder whether it's best to uninstall and forget about ZA?

At this point you should direct yourself again to the ZA official support beofre its too late and explain in detail the issue including what you have done so far. If you already contacted them go back with the supported ticket number and indicate that what suggested is not working. Here we are just users and can only address common troubleshooting steps.

The link to support is in my signature. Look for the LIVE CHAT icon. Its free for registered users.

Thanks,
    Fax

Dave, Fax is right.You should address you're issues with Live Chat Support.

Some helpful info.

This is about the only time I use Clear Virtual Data :

In some cases you may need to "clear virtual data".In rare circumstances, files in the virtual file system may become corrupted and stop a browser from opening or web pages from loading.

If this happens, try clicking Clear Virtual Data in the Web Security / Settings.

You can tell if Web Security is working.Click on Settings.Under History, As you continue using your browser the number of MG of potentially harmful data prevented will increase in usage.Good indicator it's working.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 6th, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information