Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] virtualisation in Extreme Security

Default Re: virtualisation in Extreme Security

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    May I assume then that selecting the clear virtual button is actually doing just that ?
    Sorry, which button? Are you referring to ZA? The browser? If you refer to the ZA button "clear virtual data" then you are clearing everything from the virtual data including sessions not related to the bank or browser installation of add-ons, plug-ins, etc. As indicated its better to do it with your browser closed. Depending on the size of the virtual data you may need to wait several minutes before all the wipe is performed.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I am unable to produce virtualisation in ZA Extreme Security version10.1.079.000. Computer= IE8, XP SP3. I have installed & reinstalled several times. On last two occasions I consulted Chat Line and downloaded the cleaning tool and reinstalled without success.

Has anyone any remedy please
    Clear Virtual Data : Deletes all unsolicited downloads caught in the ForceField protective virtual file system. Also deletes browser download history list and browser cache.Clear only when browser close to function properly.

You could try the following.Assuming you 're still also using the other Computer with IE8, XP SP3.

Next time you try to reinstal ZAES.After running the clean.exe.Run the following to remove leftovers from the old standalone ForceField code on you're XP computer.

Dedicated tool to remove the standalone version of forcefield :

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ff_cleanup.zip

Then try to reinstall ZAES on you're XP computer.

Have no other suggestions to offer.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 4th, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Rephrase

Dave Guest

Is there some indication that "clear virtual data" is working ? (or for that matter whether ZA extreme Security is actually functioning?)
    I have reinstalled the program again on desktop IE8 XP sp3, - and laptop IE9 windows home premium.

I have problems with the supplied CD, installs about 2/3 then says it isn't possible to finish, advising install from website. Having 'saved' the original web installer data to computer. I ran this and apparently program reinstalled ok but with no apparent improvement.

I have exceeded the 30day cash-back period but wonder whether it's best to uninstall and forget about ZA?

At this point you should direct yourself again to the ZA official support beofre its too late and explain in detail the issue including what you have done so far. If you already contacted them go back with the supported ticket number and indicate that what suggested is not working. Here we are just users and can only address common troubleshooting steps.

The link to support is in my signature. Look for the LIVE CHAT icon. Its free for registered users.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Dave, Fax is right.You should address you're issues with Live Chat Support.

Some helpful info.

This is about the only time I use Clear Virtual Data :

In some cases you may need to "clear virtual data".In rare circumstances, files in the virtual file system may become corrupted and stop a browser from opening or web pages from loading.

If this happens, try clicking Clear Virtual Data in the Web Security / Settings.

You can tell if Web Security is working.Click on Settings.Under History, As you continue using your browser the number of MG of potentially harmful data prevented will increase in usage.Good indicator it's working.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 6th, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Simple answer.

There is no indication when you clear the virtual data that its cleared.

Its never been an issue since we have had the browser virtulization that anyone needs to know if its cleared.

It works. You click it its cleared.

It not complicated and does not need any indicator of any sort it did clear it.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; February 8th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Talking about two different things here.Read between the lines.

You Clear Virtual Data when the following happen :

In some cases you may need to "clear virtual data".In rare circumstances, files in the virtual file system may become corrupted and stop a browser from opening or web pages from loading.Then you know that it has worked.Corrupt files in the virtual file system eliminated.No more issues with browser.

The following has nothing to do with Clearing Vitual Data : You can tell if Web Security is working.Click on Settings.Under History, As you continue using your browser the number of MG of potentially harmful data prevented will increase in usage.Good indicator it's working.

I'm very clear that I'm talking about " Web Security " functionally in general terms.Nothing to do with "clear virtual data".

Goodbye
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 8th, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Typo, rephrase

Dave Guest

Thanks for your patience friends! I have managed to reinstall from the original website after purchasing, rather than the CD - after uninstalling from control panel and using the "cleaning" download. No odd difficulties this time. Had a word with the Chat line - Looks like one must accept that everything is working OK, including the virtualisation !!!

Being of the pre-electronic, wind-up gramophone era, all this technology is just "magic"! No doubt ther will be a few other questions !!!

Regards to all !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information