Thread: unable to install ZA 101 079

Hybrid View

fch22 Guest

Default unable to install ZA 101 079

I'm a user of ZA since several years, and last weeks , it asks me to upgrade to the last version 101 079, but I got the error : "failed to parse package configuration"
    I uninstall the current version, thenuse the clean.exe tools, but even with it I have the same error
    is there some one who can help me, since 1 week I only have the basic windows firewall, but not confident with it

thanks

fch22

Default Re: unable to install ZA 101 079

Hi;

Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 10.1.079.000

The instruction for a clean install are below,

1. Download the latest ZA version <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry withthe Free Ccleaner.exe
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, now reboot after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Save Settings from the old install
    if that fails to resolve your issue with the New ZA Free 10.1.079.000
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 11th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

fch22 Guest

I already have proceed with most of those steps , except 3, as I don't want to remove Avira or malwarebytes
    I wanted to go back to previous release of ZA (the one before 101), but I didn't keep the installation prorgram, is there a place where I can find it ?

I see also some post for incompoatbility with firefox 9, is it relative to the ZA toolbar (that i don't use) ?

thanks for your help

Have you actually tried to fully re-download the ZA installer from the link provided? This may be also the problem. Also ensure you have not any left overs of ZA in the system. Check and remove any "checkpoint" folder. Depending on the system used folders may be in different locations. Ensure you have not applied any particular restrictions to the registry or the system and fully shutdown Avira and MBAM before installing ZA.

Installing an old ZA is not recommended, better to move to other free firewalls but up-to-date.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Smile Re: unable to install ZA 101 079

Hi;

I agree with Guru Fax...

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & Service Pack used, Browser type and version, other security tools version installed.

is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook ?
    does it meet the Minimum System Requirements for Zone Alarm listed on the Download page?

NOTE: the procedure I provided above, if followed correctly as instructed as the Administrator of the computer, will allow you to install and run the latest ZA version.

Finally: Installing an old ZA versions is not recommended, it would be better to move to other free firewalls and keep it up-to-date.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 4th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

fch22 Guest

thanks

concerning the environment : windows XP SP3
    I have uninstall ZA, I've just removed a remaining folder checkpoint in "program file"
    I have stopped AVIRA and MalwareByte
    all without success.
    I run CClearner (including registry check)
    I have rowload the last version from the link

when running clean.exe , I have the same error

can you explain me what is the impact in AVIRA and Malwarebyte of "Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present"

Thread Information