Thread: ZAES and Malwarebytes Free and Malwarebytes Pro

arbyem Guest

Default ZAES and Malwarebytes Free and Malwarebytes Pro

I have used Malwarebytes free version many times in the past. But I have always uninstalled the product before depending soley on my ZAES product, because I had read somewhere that only one anti-malware product ought to be operated at any one time. I just downloaded the trial version of Malwarebytes and executed it, without uninstalling or disabling my ZAES program. It appeared to operate without interference by ZAES. Should I be able to operate both these products concurrently, so I do not have to uninstall Malwarebytes each time I use it? If so, can I also do the same but with the Malwarebytes Pro version? Thanks, in advance, for any asistance. Appreciatively, Arbyem

Default Re: ZAES and Malwarebytes Free and Malwarebytes Pro

You should have no problem with MBAM free that you can use as second scanner from time to time, manly for peace of mind. You already pay for ZAX no really needed paying for the second scanner. Just keep your OS and program installed fully updated and have ZA always active.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

arbyem Guest

Thanks Fax. I assume that you do not recommend purchasing and using Malwarebytes Pro, because its functionality relative to ZAES is not needed, and/or the lack of interference between the two programs has not been proven?

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues, there has been no report here about it. Mine was more "you don't need it" since ZA already provide several layers of protection for your PC enough to keep it safe.

Have a look here below to set your ZA at best and check your system for vulnerabilities. This is more important than having MBAM retail version.

xyz was not detected. What I should do?

Of course no security tool can protect from users bad habits ("click and install" whatever) including MBAM.

I wish you a safe journey with ZAX. Unless there are other questions related to ZA and MBAM I will close this thread since the question has been addressed.

Do no hesitate to open a new thread for any other ZA product related issues you may have. Please also consider that, with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by arbyem View Post
    Thanks Fax. I assume that you do not recommend purchasing and using Malwarebytes Pro, because its functionality relative to ZAES is not needed, and/or the lack of interference between the two programs has not been proven?
    Hi;

There is no known interference between ZAES and MBAM Pro,

You already pay for ZAES so there is no real need to pay for Malwarebytes Pro when the Free version provides all that you need for an occasional second scanner.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information