Thread: Kaspersky incompatible with Zone Alarm Pro => update outdated Security program

eizo2007 Guest

Cool Kaspersky incompatible with Zone Alarm Pro => update outdated Security program

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to know how to install Kaspersky Antivirus since ZA and Kaspersky are incompatible.I have contacted Kaspersky Lab and the answer they gave me was :

There is an overlap with the ZoneAlarm Pro as it does scan some downloads for infection as well as monitor sites as our web antivirus does, if you install just the firewall components without these extra parts it should be compatible, although it is preferable to install Kaspersky first and then the firewall components. You can get all of this protection in our Internet Security product that contains the Antivirus, firewall, Antispam, parental control etc.

So i would like to ask any EXPERTS how to install ZA firewall without extra parts that KAspersky Lab is talking about.
    Thanks

Default Re: Kaspersky incompatible

ZA products containing kaspersky antivirus are not compatible with kaspersky products (i.e. ZA AV, ZA Suite, ZA Extreme). At the same time kaspersky products containing a firewall are not compatible with ZA products (i.e. Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Pure). If this two conditions do not apply (as it seems for your case) you should not have a problem.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Cool Re: Kaspersky incompatible with Zone Alarm Pro

Hi;

Sorry, but what you want to do may not be possible..
    Unless you are talking about the ZA Browser Toolbar,

The parts of ZoneAlarm that conflict are embedded in the Compiled ZA Source code and can Only be removed by Uninstalling Zone Alarm..

ZA products containing Kaspersky antivirus are not compatible with Kaspersky products (i.e. ZA AV, ZA Suite, ZA Extreme).
    Kaspersky products containing a Firewall are not compatible with any ZA products.

Here is the Golden Rule on two Firewalls or two Anti-Virus..

Quote:
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows remove software tool in the control panel.
    at this point IMHO, you have three options:
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 16th, 2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added info.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Kaspersky incompatible with Zone Alarm Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eizo2007 View Post
    There is an overlap with the ZoneAlarm Pro as it does scan some downloads for infection as well as monitor sites as our web antivirus does, if you install just the firewall components without these extra parts it should be compatible
    This is just a suggestion.You could try the following :

Uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro.Install without the Toolbar.After ZoneAlarm Pro installed, now try to install Kaspersky Antivirus.

You could also use the following.How do I uninstall the Secruity toolbar from my browser (powered by Conduit) :

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-1292047802683284151/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=remove%2bconduit&sf=1011 13&sg=1&st=484424&documentid=408296&action=view

Footnote : In you're case I would suggest to do clean install of ZoneAlarm Pro without Toolbar.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; February 15th, 2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added info

I’ve used the following procedure to install and run both ZoneAlarm Pro (ZAP) and Kaspersky Antivirus (KAV) together in Windows 7 SP1 x86 Home Premium.

The KAV install detects ZAP and requires an uninstall of ZAP to succeed.

1. Uninstall ZAP using ZAP uninstaller and cleanup tool
    2. Uninstall KAV using KAV uninstaller and cleanup tool
    3. Reboot
    4. Install KAV; reboot and check KAV configuration and functionality
    5. Disable KAV and reboot
    6. Install ZAP; reboot and check ZAP configuration and functionality
    7. Enable both

This procedure worked for me with KAV 12.0.0.374 and both ZAP 9.3.037.000 and with ZAP 10.1.065.000.

Quote Originally Posted by cwhenske View Post
    This procedure worked for me with KAV 12.0.0.374 and both ZAP 9.3.037.000 and with ZAP 10.1.065.000.
    Current ZoneAlarm Pro release is 10.1.079.000

Need to try on current version found here :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...01_079_000.exe

ZoneAlarm® Pro Release History :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

And then let us know.

Have a nice Day

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Current ZoneAlarm Pro release is 10.1.079.000

Need to try on current version found here :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...01_079_000.exe

ZoneAlarm® Pro Release History :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

And then let us know.

Have a nice Day
    Right; but I'm not experiencing a compatibility problem between ZAP and KAV. I solved that installation issue as describe above using the two versions of ZAP noted above.

I removed ZAP 10.1.065.000 and returned to ZAP 9.3.037.000, using the procedure described above, because I prefer the UI of ZAP 9.3.037.000.

My post was to describe a successful installation of KAV and ZAP.

cwhenske wrote :

I removed ZAP 10.1.065.000 and returned to ZAP 9.3.037.000, using the procedure described above, because I prefer the UI of ZAP 9.3.037.000.

Using outdated and unsupported security will not improve your security, on the contrary, it will weaken your security overall.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 25th, 2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information