Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1078958880
AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

Windows XP SP3
Windows Vista 32 SP2

I multiboot the two listed OS's in my computer. I'm using the same schedulings in both (same dates, different times if it matters, although I'm thinking now that it could be more optimal to interleave the Normal and Deep scans between both OS's). System speed isn't a concern for this PC but I don't want to run unnecessary scans.

As you know you can schedule dates and periodicity for "Anti-virus Quick Scan" (weekly here), "Anti-virus Normal Scan" (every 6 months here) and "Anti-virus Deep Scan" (yearly here) under Tools -> Scheduled tasks. "Quick" ones run as they should. Idk if "Deep" ones work well or not (I've scheduled them for May 2012). But "Normal" scans have the described problem here (they were scheduled for this February, days ago). I've worked around the problem scheduling them for future dates (likely I did the same in the past, around August 2011 when ZA v10 was released).

There're countless threads about AV running scans on every reboot with older versions, but I haven't seen any thread about this particular behaviour with v10.1.079.000. It could be a bug. Has anyone's ZA v10.1.079 (any product with AV) run an automatic "Anti-virus Normal Scan" only once at the scheduled date/times?

Around the scheduled date for the Normal scan I only used Vista, and few days beforewards a "Quick" scan was scheduled. This scan worked fine but the Normal scan was repeated on every reboot after its first run, until I put it manually at a future date.

So when I booted XP it theoretically had pending Quick and Normal scans. For whatever reason it run the Quick scan but not at all the Normal one (if you ask me running the Normal would have been more "correct", but it's a minor detail). I put it today and rebooted. At the new scheduled time the scan run normally. I rebooted again and reproduced the same behaviour I had seen in Vista: another Normal scan. Again, I've put it manually in a future date to avoid repetitions.

(I've cancelled all the repeated Normal scans but not before checking they were "Normal" and not "Quick". I right-clicked in the systray icon -> View scan, let it run all the first phases "Memory scan", "Boot sector scan", "Critical area scan" etc until "0%" appears, and then I let it run a bit to see that the pace at which the "percentage done" rises is "slow" compared to a Quick scan. The whole process took like 4-5 minutes each time, approximately or a little more than what a Quick scan lasts in total, but by the time I cancelled the repeated Normal scans they were at about 5%).