Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WORKAROUND] iexplore.exe crashing --> Increase frequency of clear virtual data

Default Re: Multiple iexplore.exe crashing computer running browser virtualisation

Quote Originally Posted by slp View Post
    Thanks Sky Soldiers and Fax. Your help is appreciated.

I thought I'd be able to report success - with the reset done and add-ons disabled all worked well for 3/4 of a day, then the machine started slowing right down again sometimes, and a few videos stuck too. I'm still in the process of trying to narrow down what is switched on to cause this conflict. Will report back with the answer when (if!) I find it (if my husband hasn't smashed the computer in frustration first!)

SLP
    Out of suggestions here.If you have current valid license you should contact Live Chat Tech Support and follow up with them to resolve you're issue.

Technical Support :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

slp Guest

Default Re: Multiple iexplore.exe crashing computer running browser virtualisation

Just a progress report in case anyone else is up against this same issue: the best thing to do whilst trying to work out the actual cause of this issue is to constantly keep Clearing the Virtual Data. Depending on how much browsing is happening, it might need clearing every 1/2 hour or so. I have found this can keep the system running. Let the virtual data build up too much and the system will crash.

Shame ZA doesn't automatically Clear the Virtual Data on exit from the browser, such as Internet Explorer!

SLP

Just a progress report in case anyone else is up against this same issue: the best thing to do whilst trying to work out the actual cause of this issue is to constantly keep Clearing the Virtual Data. Depending on how much browsing is happening, it might need clearing every 1/2 hour or so. I have found this can keep the system running. Let the virtual data build up too much and the system will crash.

SLP
    What you are experiencing is not normal.You should troubleshoot this issue with Live Chat Tech Support and follow up with them to resolve you're issue.

Only time I need to Clear Virtual Data when browser fails to open or web pages don't load.This is due in rare circumstances when files in virtual file system become corrupted.This only happens occasionally here.

Have a nice Day

Default Re: [WORKAROUND] iexplore.exe crashing --> Increase frequency of clear virtual data

Thats correct, its not normal. Probably it would be useful to take note of the websites you are visiting and identify which one are causing this (if you can). f yes, report the websites to support. Otherwise, I am afraid its something at local level that support will not be able to replicate.

You could also try to replicate the issue with firefox and see if you experiencing the same.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

slp Guest

Default Re: [WORKAROUND] iexplore.exe crashing --> Increase frequency of clear virtual data

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I don't have Firefox, so can't try this. I was about to go to LiveChat, when:

Update: the good news is that everything seems to be working again as it should; no crashes (related to this anyway!) ! I have no idea how this managed to happen and I can't pinpoint what I did, but I'm not going to argue with it. I switched off most of the add-ons, then re-enabled them as a program/web site asked for them.

Just to check though, in Web Security/History, the potentially harmful data which Zone Alarm has stopped reaching my computer has been stuck at 2362 MB ever since it started working again. Is this normal? Or does it mean that Virtualisation is not working or switched on, even though it is marked as "on"? (In which case my problem isn't solved at all ......)

I had just always assumed that this counter would keep ticking up, but is this the case?

Thanks,
    slp

Just to check though, in Web Security/History, the potentially harmful data which Zone Alarm has stopped reaching my computer has been stuck at 2362 MB ever since it started working again. Is this normal?
    Thanks,slp
    What you describe is not normal.As you continue using your browser the number of MG of potentially harmful data prevented will increase in usage.

I would suggest Reset to Defaults.Located under Tools > Preferences.

If Reset doesn't resolve issue.Use the following instructions for a clean install :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...561#post293561

Note : Do not Restore your settings.You could reintroduce issue.

Footnote : My computer is XP professional, SP3, running IE8.This much we know.See if you meet the following.

What system requirements are needed to watch videos on YouTube? :

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...n&answer=78358

If using YouTube check latest Flash Player version :

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Out of suggestions here.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; April 8th, 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo, added info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information