Hi,

I'm running ZAES 10.1.079 with Browser Virtualisation turned on. My computer is XP professional, SP3, running IE8. This is a clean installation of the new 10.1.079 version - previously was running version 9.3.014 with Browser Virtualisation turned on, with no problems.

With this version, it can work fine for a while while surfing using IE8 (I'm talking minutes here, not hours or days), but eventually the more windows we click in and out of, open/shut tabs etc, Explorer slows down until it appears it isn't working at all. There is such a lag between shutting a window or clicking on a button that it might take a few minutes to respond to that command.

I discovered that if I go into Task Manager / Processes, there are several instances of iexplore.exe running. Sometimes three or four, but often two. If I click on "End Process" for one of the iexplore.exe processes, then it has several effects: Firstly, ending one instance of iexplore.exe usually shuts more than one of the instances (sometimes all of them). Secondly, the speed of my computer is restored to normal, until I keep surfing and too many iexplore.exe's appear again in Task Manager, so I have to end the process again.

This is very annoying and frustrating. Also (possibly related), it crashes several sites. For example, watching a You Tube video starts OK, but often before it is finished it gets "stuck", and we keep hearing blips of the sound trying to work but getting nowhere. I have to end the iexplore.exe process to get out of it, which throws us out of You Tube. It is impossible to watch videos with Browser Virtualisation on.

I thought initially that it was a poor installation. Originally I installed 10.1.079 over the top of my version 9, as that was what the programme wanted to do. I soon realised that was a bad idea, so uninstalled and reinstalled. Still didn't work, so I uninstalled using every cleaning tool I could find reference to on these forums (ff_cleanup, clean.exe, iecleaner, appremover.exe), in safe mode and in normal mode. I also went into the registry and files and deleted any reference I could find to Zone Alarm. And, I ran the Kaspersky virus removal tool which is linked to on the Support page of ZA (it found nothing).

Since I have reinstalled it is still doing the same thing every time I switch Browser Virtualisation on. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.079.000
vsmon version: 10.1.079.000
Driver version: 10.1.079.000
Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1079545632
AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, Q9650 @ 3.00 GHz, 3.25 GB RAM

Any help would be much appreciated!