Thread: Application Control Programs - Over riding my settings

intuanua Guest

Default Application Control Programs - Over riding my settings

I've got a problem with the application control in that even after I set it to allow a certain program to access the internet, every day Zonalarm reverses my decision and re-blocks the program.

The program is Notepad++, and each day I change the SmartDefense from Auto to Custom, and check all 4 flags to allow it full access. Everything works ok for the remainder of that day. The following day, after working correctly the first time, Zonealarm reverts the setting to Auto, and blocks all access.

Image attached.

Is there a way to force Zonealarm to accept the settings I enter? Because it's a program I use every day and it's driving me nuts.

Default Re: Application Control Programs - Over riding my settings

Hi!

which version of ZA are you using? From the attached image it seems an old build. Fully remove it and update to the latest. Link to latest version is under the ZA support website.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

intuanua Guest

I tried that yesterday - uninstalled the version I had, and installed the new version, but the same thing happened. It was ok yesterday, and the first time I used the program today, but by the second time zonealarm had reverted all my decisions on Notepad++ and blocked it again.

Smartdefense should be kept to "custom" for the notepad settings to be kept (not auto). Modify the notepad entry, push "ok". Then close ZA. Right click the ZA icon near the clock. Choose "Exit" (ZA will shutdown). Wait a couple of minutes. Open ZA again, check the notepad permission. Are they saved? If not, something is preventing ZA to save the settings on the HD. If not, something is preventing ZA to save the setting at computer shutdown (e.g improper or forced shutdown of the PC).

Btw, why you want to allow notepad internet access? Like it is now in the picture notepad should work fine.

Let us know how is going

Fax
    Last edited by fax; March 14th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information