Thread: [SOLVED] ZA BSOD pfn_list_corrupt --> reinstall ZA

barre Guest

Thumbs up [SOLVED] ZA BSOD pfn_list_corrupt --> reinstall ZA

I started getting the BSOD on W7 64bit a couple of days ago. It was intermittent and I didn't really check into the problem. Yesterday it happened a couple of times. Today I could only keep the system running for 5-6 minutes before it happened. I was getting this message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I checked on the internet and it said it could be memory, a driver or software misbehaving. I ran a memory checker it was OK. I then remembered ZA had run a virus scan earlier in the day. The scan hung on a certain file number somewhere around 1500 and would not go past it. When this happened I clicked cancel and ZA would not close. So I wondered if ZA was causing the issue. I have been a ZA user for 10 years and I have never had any issues. I deleted ZA and reinstalled ZA. The problem has gone away. Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has the same problem. I'm running ZA 101_079_000.

Default Re: Bsod

If it was working before then some of the files in the PC may be corrupted and cause the BSOD. Not sure how that can be linked to ZA.

You may need to slowly reinstall all your key drivers linked to the hardware used. Also please take careful note on what has changed in the last few days (since the issue) to see if an update (silent or not) may have caused the problems.

Next time, whenever you post here you should detail the exact version of ZA used, OS used, other software installed running at boot, etc. More information you post more likely other users here will be able to help.

Please also note that, with a valid license, you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (llok for the live chat link). Tough it does not look like a ZA problem.

Probably better to get your system reviewed or ask for support in more general forums board. Like this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum167.html

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 24th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

barre Guest

Default Re: Za(?) bsod pfn_list_corrupt

All I can tell you is since I reinstalled ZA the problem has gone away. Prior to reinstalling ZA the system was very unstable and I was getting the BSOD within 5-6 minutes after booting sometimes faster. I did a memory check using MemTest86+4.20 and ran it twice, I also reinstalled drivers but this did not fix the problem. The problem was solved by reinstalling ZA. Why, I don't know. Do I care no. What I know is since reinstalling ZA my system has now been up over 24 hours without a BSOD.

Default Re: Za(?) bsod pfn_list_corrupt

Thank you for taking the time to report back.
    Excellent, may be just a coincidence or something got corrupted. I will revise the thread title and closing it since the issue is resolved.

P.S. there are at least three different ZA with an antivirus. ZA antivirus, ZA Suite and ZA Extreme. Next time you post an issue on ZA, right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here (remove the license key!)

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 24th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information