Thread: Blue screen at Windows Start up on a MAC Computer?

Threaded View

kbonier2007 Guest

Exclamation Blue screen at Windows Start up on a MAC Computer?

so, i was trying to upgrade from the free firewall to the extreme firewall, just so happens that when i fished the installation and restarted my mac computer to the windows partition, it went to an automatic blue screen at start up. i don't remember what it said because it didn't stay on my screen long enough to read it all. So i decided to boot windows into safe mode, and uninstall zonealarm. After i uninstalled zone alarm, the problem was fixed, and no more blue screen. After that, i decided to reinstall ~~snip~~ another firewall.

Any ideas to why zone alarm is causing my windows partition to blue screen? I have asked AVG about this problem, because i have avg free installed on my windows partition... and they said to contact you guys if its a problem with zone alarm. They also informed me that your toolbar that installs in the browser could be a conflict, and they gave me a site to fix the error. But, i know it wasn't that error, because i still have your guys firewall on internet explorer and firefox, and im not having that blue screen error. The blue screen stopped after i uninstalled your firewall.

Any idea to why this is happening? Or how can i fix this problem?
    Last edited by fax; March 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: competing products - against forum rules

Thread Information