Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    sodapop554 Guest

    Default Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    Over the past week or so I was encountering problems regarding my ZA Free Firewall. The problems consisted of the logs sometimes refusing to clear. Although I have yet to find a permanent solution to this that's not why I'm making this thread.

    In the past & recently too I've gotten dozens of blocked attempts involving a particular port & IP shown here: http://fwalerts.zonealarm.com/fwanal...3&tab=overview

    Now based off my research I've found out that a denial of service tool called "trinoo" exploits port 27655. A more detailed description of this that I still cannot fully understand is here: http://www.cert.org/incident_notes/IN-99-07.html

    With all that in mind is why I've always kept my ZA settings maxed out. True this could be the cause of my logs not clearing although my security is more important then the logs being stubborn. I am starting to wonder about some questions though.

    1: What is an internal IP?

    2: How can it be infected? I've run scans with MSE, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Malwarebytes & even the offline Windows Defender scan run via a bootable flashdrive. All of which always claim I'm clean. Even the GRC Shields Up test says that all my ports are secure. However, if that test is based off my router & not firewall, then why is my firewall logging the dangerous blocked event?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,466

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    Internal means Behind the Router or on the computer side of the Router..

    I Have no other suggestion to offer [We All users here]
    I would suggest if you still need help try the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Technical phone Support link below.

    Click Here : --> http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/technical-support-zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    sodapop554 : I saw in another Forum your using Netgear router and not Linksys router.If that is the case.The default IP address of Netgear routers is 192.168.0.1 and not IP address 192.168.1.1

    To verify your Firewall Zone DHCP Server is 192.168.0.1

    IPConfig is a command-line tool that displays the current configuration of the installed IP stack on a networked computer.

    1. Click Start, then type the three letters cmd into the Search box and press Enter.
    2. Type this command ipconfig /all and press Enter:

    DHCP Server should be 192.168.0.1 on Netgear router.Other wise something not configured correct on you're end.Maybe you didn't clone your MAC address when you set up your router.Just a thought.

    Hope this helps.Have no other suggestions to offer.Sorry

    All users here.I would suggest if you still need help use ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Technical Support :

    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-firewall.htm

    Good Luck and Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; March 26th, 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo

  4. #4
    sodapop554 Guest

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    sodapop554 : I saw in another Forum your using Netgear router and not Linksys router.If that is the case.The default IP address of Netgear routers is 192.168.0.1 and not IP address 192.168.1.1

    To verify your Firewall Zone DHCP Server is 192.168.0.1

    IPConfig is a command-line tool that displays the current configuration of the installed IP stack on a networked computer.

    1. Click Start, then type the three letters cmd into the Search box and press Enter.
    2. Type this command ipconfig /all and press Enter:

    DHCP Server should be 192.168.0.1 on Netgear router.Other wise something not configured correct on you're end.Maybe you didn't clone your MAC address when you set up your router.Just a thought.

    Hope this helps.Have no other suggestions to offer.Sorry

    All users here.I would suggest if you still need help use ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Technical Support :

    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-firewall.htm

    Good Luck and Have a nice Day
    Okay just to make sure I understand this right. When I'm looking at the ZA Zone interface, where it says DHCP server it should say "192.168.0.1" & not "192.168.1.1"? If that's true than how do I change this in my router settings? I already know how to log into my router although I'm still new as to where I would clone my mac address even though I'm not using a mac computer. Could you please provide me with a simple explanation as to how I would change this?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    I would suggest to read your router's documentation for mac ( Media Access Control ) cloning address setting.

    Or go to Netgear support web site for your model.

    I use D-Link router so can't help were to setup mac cloning address in you're router.

    Out of suggestions here.Have nothing else to add, Sorry

    P.S. If you are using Netgear router,Yes,ZA Firewall Zone DHCP server should say 192.168.0.1

    Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; March 26th, 2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #6
    sodapop554 Guest

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    I would suggest to read your router's documentation for mac ( Media Access Control ) cloning address setting.

    Or go to Netgear support web site for your model.

    I use D-Link router so can't help were to setup mac cloning address in you're router.

    Out of suggestions here.Have nothing else to add, Sorry

    P.S. If you are using Netgear router,Yes,ZA Firewall Zone DHCP server should say 192.168.0.1

    Have a nice Day
    Okay I did the "ipconfig /all" thing in cmd it said "192.168.1.1" for the DHCP. On the instructions when I setup my router it never said I needed to clone my MAC IP. Why though do I need this changed to "192.168.0.1"? What purpose does it serve?

  7. #7
    sodapop554 Guest

    Default Re: Port 27655, The Reason Why.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Internal means Behind the Router or on the computer side of the Router..

    I Have no other suggestion to offer [We All users here]
    I would suggest if you still need help try the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Technical phone Support link below.

    Click Here : --> http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/technical-support-zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm
    Thanks, what sky solders said though I think will help me the most.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Same Problem => Possible Reason
    By kludikovsky in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM
  2. Outlook Express shuts down for no reason
    By sungirlie in forum Common Program Settings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •