Thread: Download manager gone

Hybrid View

bluefire Guest

Default Download manager gone

I have lost the ZA download dialogue that comes up when downloading a file from the internet. This is the blue box that first offers to down then after the download will check the file for safety.

I have tried doing a "clean" uninstall of ZA, starting with the Windows Program Uninstall, followed by running Clean, followed by running Force Field removal tool.

After reinstalling ZA the problem continues to exist. I have been on the phone with India (Zone Alarm's help line) with a person I could barely understand who kept insisting that the best was he could help me was to remotely access my computer (which I won't allow).

I'm very frustrated with this and would appreciate any insight anyone might have as to how to fix this problem. I had this problem with my old computer running Windows XP but was able to correct it by properly uninstalling and then reinstalling so I have to believe that this has something to do with Windows 7 (64 bit)

Thanks in advance!

System- Windows 7 (64 bit) with all the latest updates
    ZA product- ZAX version 10.1.079.000

Default Re: Download manager gone

Hi!

Sorry all user here. There is no phone support for retail versions. You need to contact the official ZA technical support at the live chat interface. The phone support is for the free version only. Also please note that official retail support is US based.

Thanks,
    fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bluefire Guest

Sorry,

I forgot to mention that I did a "Live Chat" and followed all the recommendations he gave me, also to no avail.

Also forgot to mention my browser is IE9
    Last edited by bluefire; April 17th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Sorry we can't help here. This has been discussed many times before. See here for example: Download protection off in FF and IE
    You need to report back to support that what suggested did not work. I have no further suggestions to resolve your issue.

Sorry again,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by bluefire View Post
    Also forgot to mention my browser is IE9
    This is just a suggestion.My issue is that Advanced Download Protection doesn't work in IE8 under XP OS.It does however work with Firefox, my browser of choice.

It did work at one time in ZAES version 9.I wasn't able to recover Advanced Download Protection in IE8.Even after trying everything suggested by support.I even uploaded logs to them.

You might consider installing Firefox next time you have to reinstall ZAES just to see it works in Firefox with Win7 OS.

If it does you can just use it to analyzes your downloads to determine if they are safe or malicious.If it doesn't you can just uninstall Firefox if you wish.Nothing to lose.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox 10.0.2
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.079.000
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; April 26th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Versions

Thread Information