Thread: [SOLVED] ZASS 10.1.079 - Excluding files/programs -> confused with right click scan

Default [SOLVED] ZASS 10.1.079 - Excluding files/programs -> confused with right click scan

I am guessing that something involving the antivirus abilities of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite would fall under the ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware forum. So, it's posted here. My apologies if it belonged somewhere else.

I decided to give the free trial of ZA ISS 10.1.079.000 a throw and I discovered 2 serious issues with its AV interface.

The first one is rather glaring: Ignore Always does NOT ignore always! I have a file that every AV scanner I've ever used says is infected, BUT not always with the same infection. I had this particular long before the listed viruses were ever in the wild, so, it's a false positive. I require AV software to have Ignore Always type functions, like ZA/Kaspersky does for this reason. I scanned the file in question, received a hit, checked its box, and chose Ignore Always. I rescanned the file to test the Ignore Always, and, naturally, it failed. It keeps returning a hit.

The other involves mIRC. For a long time, ZA AV flags mIRC for a not-a-virus hit. So, I need Ignore Always to ignore it. But, what happens with mIRC.exe is something totally unexpected. I check the check box and BEFORE I can move the mouse to choose Ignore Always, the box unchecks itself! HUH?! You have to be superhuman to check Ignore Always before it unchecks itself. It's possible to do, as I did it, BUT, my point is it SHOULDN'T have to be done.

Default Re: ZA ISS 10.1.079.000 - 2 serious issues

Please see the sticky post above to exclude files from the AV engine and to report the false positive. If still fails please report directly to ZA technical support, its free for registered users or on trial (we are all users here). Link to support is in my signature, look for the live chat icon.

From what you describe you forgot to UNtick the Automatic treatment in the settings and you also need to better learn the three different exclusions options in ZA (by threat, on demand and on access).

Revising the threat title to hint to the issue and closing it very soon due to lack of feedback. Please feel free to PM me if you need post how you solve the issue for the benefit of other users browsing this thread.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 29th, 2012 at 02:48 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information