I have been over this issue with ZoneAlarm technical support SEVERAL times and I am hoping that someone on this forum can help me to figure out a way to solve the problem I'm having.

I upgraded from ZA Extreme 10.1.056 to 10.1.079 several months ago. After the upgrade, ForceField stopped working. I finally figured out what the issue was by killing ForceField.exe and restarting it - this brought up the ForceField icon in the alert bar (right hand side of taskbar). (I learned this little trick from ZoneAlarm the last time a ForceField live update asserted itself...)

The ForceField license indicated that it was expired - I had just renewed by ZA extreme license and had ZA extreme was showing the correct license information.

I then proceeded to go through several weeks, and several tech reps, of uninstalling ZA, cleaning the registry, etc., to no avail. The only thing that works is to uninstall ForceField (using the uninstall.exe in the ForceField folder) with the /rmlicense switch and then completely reinstall ZA extreme.

I have submitted debug information to ZA and have been told that no communication from development would be forthcoming but that a fix MIGHT be rolled into an upcoming version/update.

Can anyone help me??? I am really getting tired of re-installing ForceField every 15 days - when the trial license period expires - which is what ForceField seems to think.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide on solving this issue.

Dean