Thread: Where's my question?

DavidGB Guest

Default Where's my question?

I posted a question over a week ago. Where is it? I saw some page flip past as I posted ... somethinng about forum mods having to approve the posting or something. So where's my question? I am still looking for an answer.

To recapitulate:

I use ZoneAlarm free as my firewall and AVG as my antivirus, and have done so for over ten years. I wish to continue doing so. Since the release of the new Zonealarm-with-Antivirus Free, my ZoneAlarm firewall-only insists on repeatedly asking me if I want to change to the with-firewall version. I don't want to. i have repeatedly told it I don't want to. But it seems the best I can do is get it to only ask me every fifteen days. WTF? The free firewall-only is still a current, supported product, and it is all I want. It is completely unacceptable that I be repeatedly badgered about the with-AV product. Told about it initially, fine. Nagged about it every fifteen days, no. Absolutely no. Is there some option somewhere I haven't found to stop it asking? Or is the next ZA-firewall-only upgrade going to stop asking or have an option to make it stop asking?

I really need an answer as I just won't tolerate software behaving like this on my computer. And the question needs to be posted so the ZA people see what users think about things like this.

Or is this forum only for postings that are not even slightly critical about anything to do with ZA, and only for the total fanboys?

Default Re: Where's my question?

As far as why your post was not approved I don't know. I didn't personally see it.

I suspect from the tone of this post that you went way over board on your previous post and we didn't allow it to go up.

There no reason to be nasty, use foul language or say bad things about ZA in posts if you are asking for help.

This forum is run and paid for by Check Point software. This is not a public forum run by a private individual so yes we have complete say what gets posted and what does not.

If you do not like these rules you can post on a truly public forum such as Wilders Security forum thats not ran by any company.

---------------------

Marketing is looking into a way to improve the messaging experience. Every 15 days is completely acceptable time frame for now.

This is FREE software so you can expect some advertising.
    If you don't wish to have advertising then purchase a paid venison of the software where there is no advertising like this.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Where's my question?

Marketing just updated this messaging issue.

---------------

This changed on Thurs … now the FreeFW users on old version gets a message to either update to latest version or upgrade to FreeAV.

Once they get latest FreeFW, they won’t get any more CFU messages.
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information