Thread: [SOLVED] ZA Pro - Smart Defense Advisors says i'm not licensed

Zanza Guest

Default [SOLVED] ZA Pro - Smart Defense Advisors says i'm not licensed

Hi.

I bought ZA Pro License today. Activated successfully. Program says: Your protection is valid for 365 days.

But if i look at my blocked attempts in the log viewer and click "more info" on an entry, it brings me to the smart defense advisor website were i see tabs with overview, technical info, details and hacker id.
    i can view all tabs besides hacker id.
    the tab hacker id tells me this:
    Service, Support and Maintenance Agreement has expired. Updates and additional web services (such as ZoneAlarm Hacker ID service) are available to users for the period of their support agreement with ZoneAlarm which were acquired with the purchase or renewal of a ZoneAlarm premium firewall product (like ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm Security Suite). Your ZoneAlarm Pro service and support license has expired. Don't miss your chance to purchase an annual renewal license for subsequent updates and service access. Click here to order. We have both one year and two year update and support renewal opportunities available.

Default Re: ZA Pro - Smart Defense Advisors says i'm not licensed

Probably an outdated text left there in the ZA web. With any ZA version you should get this:

Hacker ID feature not available with ZoneAlarm ********

Whois is a service that provides information about the registered owners of Internet domain names and IP addresses. It can help you track sources that are attempting to probe your ZoneAlarm protected system. Using the IP addresses shown in the Alerts screen, you or your network administrator can obtain more information about unknown probing sources from one of the following Internet registries:
    Directions on how to perform a Whois lookup:
    1. In a separate browser window, copy and paste the URL of one of the Internet registries that are listed above.
    2. Find the remote IP address for this alert by reviewing the information on the Technical Info tab of this SmartDefense Advisor report.
    3. At the registry website, enter the remote IP address you obtained from the Technical Info tab, and click on the "search" button. The registry will perform a lookup and display the search results

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Zanza Guest

I see, thanks!

You're welcome

I am closing this thread since the issue has been addressed. Please do not hesitate to PM for updating it or just open another thread for any other ZA product related issues you may have.

Thank you,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information