I've installed the 30 day trial of ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall Pro. I thought it would be a good idea to install the browser toolbar to provide some extra browsing protection, but am a little confused about how to use it.

It has some pointless icons on it that I'd like to get rid of if possible, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and radio stations. My googling so far seems to indicate that it is possible to customise the toolbar, but I can't figure out how. Everything I read is telling me to click the "arrow" or "spanner" icons, neither of which appear on my toolbar, or to go into the toolbar's main menu (but I can't find a menu option). The ZoneAlarm icon just opens the ZoneAlarm home page and it's dropdown menu has "Homepage", "About", "FAQ", "ZoneAlarm Twitter" and "ZoneAlarm Facebook" options. About opens a window with the version number and the others are all links to various unhelpful websites. Right-clicking anything on the toolbar just gives IE9's standard toolbar options.

Is it really possible to change the contents of the toolbar? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Also, does the site check actually block dangerous websites or just give advice when you visit them? If I use IE9's InPrivate Browsing feature, the toolbar doesn't appear - am I still protected?

Thanks in advance.

ZoneAlarm with Antivirus 10.2.064.000
ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.388.0
ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar 1.5.23.0
Internet Explorer 9
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1