Thread: [Solved] Problem transferring a license from an old PC to new PC => clean re-install

mserjeantson Guest

Default [Solved] Problem transferring a license from an old PC to new PC => clean re-install

I have a 3 machine license for ZA internet security. I have just bought a new desktop and will be pensioning off my old desktop as soon as the new one is running. The software has already been installed on 3 machines and the new one makes 4. As a result, the system is asking me to purchase a new subscription. The old machine is now switched off, not connected to the WWW and will soon be used as a server for my music. How can I persuade the system that I only have 3 sets of the software running?

Thanks

Meyricke

Default Re: Problem in transferring a license from an old machine to a new one

We don't block install on the 4th install. So this is ABSOLUTLY not the issue.

So either you have installed the wrong product and the license you have is not for the product you installed on your new pc OR you typing in the key and getting it wrong.

You should only copy and paste the key in.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by mserjeantson View Post
    I have a 3 machine license for ZA internet security.How can I persuade the system that I only have 3 sets of the software running?
    You could try the following :

Please note that you may: install and use the Software for your internal use on the number of computers for which you have paid license fees.In your case 3 User License.

If you wish to move ZA to another machine, you should completely uninstall from the original machine, and then reinstall on the new machine, using the same license key.

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...75&action=view

If you need Support :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

mserjeantson Guest

Thanks for the info but I still have problems.

1) My old machine is switched off - so ZA is no longer running on it. Do I actually need to switch the machine on again, re-connect it to the WWW and then uninstall ZA?

2) I have downloaded a new trial version of Internet Security Suite onto the new machine and then cut and paste the license number from my Internet Security Suite renewal notification email into the appropriate box.

3) The system then says that this isn't a valid license number.

4) I have checked the license number with the one shown on one of my other machines and it is identical - except that the version on the renewal email contains hyphens and the version in the ZA license number box on the other machine doesn't. This system also shows that I still have over 300 days of my subscription to go.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

You may want to try your point 1, nothing to loose to try it. If you have still problems I would contact directly the ZA customer support to check your license number.

The link to ZA support is in my signature. Once on the main support page click on the live chat icon on the left of the screen.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

mserjeantson Guest

Problem solved. ZA Support told me how to do a clean un-install and then a clean install. This appears to have worked.

Thanks to the support crew.

Meyricke

Default Re: [Solved] Problem transferring a license from an old PC to new PC => clean re-inst

Thank you for taking the time to report back and happy to hear the problem is solved!

I am closing this thread since issue is resolved.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information