Thread: Zonealarm Extreme keeps uninstalling

Hybrid View

abexman Guest

Unhappy Zonealarm Extreme keeps uninstalling

OK, this is driving me crazy. I have Zonealarm installed on two Windows 7 64bit machines. On both machines it seems like I install Zonealarm and then come back in a few days and notice, no more Zonealarm?! What can I check to troubleshoot this? For example on this machine I first notice because there is no icon in the system tray. But I don't see any Windows warning. I do find an entry C:\Program Files (x86)\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm but the only thing there is a log file with this contents:

*** Installation Started 06/17/2012 23:21 ***
    Title: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Installer
    Source: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\GLBA456.tmp | 06-17-2012 | 23:21:24 | 71680
    Made Dir: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\061712232132
    User Rights: Admin

Are there other Windows or other logs to check? Of course I am worried this is a security breach.

Smile Re: Zonealarm Extreme keeps uninstalling on Windows 7

Hello,

If not already using ZA Extreme 10.2.068.000 please update to the latest version 10.2 http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-download.htm

Please contact directly ZA technical support. The link to support is in my signature. Look for the live chat icon.

Please Give ZA Support the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed.

The More information that you provide the more likely Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

They will help resolve your issue or if they can't, then they will collect logs from your PC to be examined by development.

Note: Please Post back here with your Progress Report so that Users of this Forum with a simular problem may benifit from the solution to your problem..

Thanks;
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information