Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZA Free Firewall Prevents RuneScape From Loading.> ZAfree offer no official support

sodapop554 Guest

Default Re: Where Can I Submit Bugs With ZA Free Firewall?

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I am confused, you keep posting the same messages in multiple threads although you have been already given the solution and confirmed it: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=78840

Did you revert back to JAVA version 6? JAVA 7 has a bug that prevents ZA working properly: ZoneAlarm Free with Virus checker and Java7 Update 1 to 6 . Oracle is aware of the problem and working on a fix. We have no news about when a bug fix release of Java will be available.

You are encouraged to report bugs to Oracle here: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/main.jsp
    More reports submitted more likely Oracle will look into the issue earlier than later.

If you have already reverted back to JAVA 6 then there is something else wrong than ZA in your system or your ZA installation is corrupted. There are no known issue with ZA, Runescape and Java 6.

ZAfree offer no official support or places to report bugs. Sorry.

You will need to move to another solution that works on your system if you are unable to troubleshoot yourself the issue. Having seen all the problems you are experiencing with ZA and the number of posts here I wonder why you keep insisting on using it.

Thanks,
    Fax
    No, the question here I'm asking is different since I'm no longer looking for a solution. I've already found that running the game's client in Windows XP SP3 compatiblity mode is better then downgrading Java. Mainly because Oracle will be ending support for Java 6, Update 33 sometime this month or next. I've also already reported the problem to Oracle via the link in a past thread where you mentioned that I could. However, it doesn't appear to be a problem on their end anyway. Since it seems that it's ZoneAlarm that's failing to recognize Java properly & needs to be reported to them somehow. What puzzles me now is how you say ZA doesn't have a department to submit bugs or anything.

Does anyone that works at Check Point even read these fourms?

Smile Re: Where Can I Submit Bugs With ZA Free Firewall?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop554 View Post
    No, the question here I'm asking is different since I'm no longer looking for a solution.

Does anyone that works at Check Point even read these fourms?
    Hi sodapop554;

I agree with Guru Fax;

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

ZAfree offer no official support or places to report bugs. Sorry.

You will need to move to another Firewall that works on your system if you are unable to troubleshoot yourself the issue after 54 Post and many solutions offered to you here.

Having seen all the problems you are experiencing with ZA and the number of posts here, we all wonder why you keep insisting on using it, if all the solutions offered to you do not work for your computer, then it is time to move on and try some other Free product that may work for your computer.

Note: there are Millions of Users using Zone Alarm Free Firewall that do not have your problems..

I think , based on all the problems you have had, the best advice that I can Offer you, is to do a Clean Uninstall of ZA Free, reboot your computer and try some other Free Firewall on your computer..

to answer your last question:
    the Forum Moderator is a Checkpoint Employee and reads this Forum,
    when time and work load permits him to login and monitor new post?

Thanks,
    GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 20th, 2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: updated

Default Re: Where Can I Submit Bugs With ZA Free Firewall?

Sorry all user here and ZAfree offer no official support. Please note that Java 6 is still fully supported. Moreover, you seem to ignore the suggestions been given by volunteers here in multiple occasions. Your attitude show no respect for the contributors here and for their time.

Lets try for the last time: ZA cannot fix a bug by Oracle. Only by reporting to Oracle you will contribute to a faster fix. Not here.

We have said all we can, if you are not happy with it I am afraid you will need to find another free solution. Please note that further duplicates or offtopic posts will be removed without further notice. This thread is moved to the one you have originally opened and for which the fix was already proposed.

Please also note that so far, users have reported problem in JAVA 7 and Windows 7. XP has been reported to work. Therefore, aside from removing Java 7 your case is most likely something different. If there is an issue with ZA (e.g. corruption) you should try fully remove it and install the latest version. Do not keep any previous settings, install fresh. If it does not work then time to move on something that works on the system.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support on this.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 20th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information