Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZA Free Firewall Prevents RuneScape From Loading.> ZAfree offer no official support

sodapop554 Guest

Default ZA Free Firewall Prevents RuneScape From Loading.> ZAfree offer no official support

After updating Java & my ZA Free Firewall to the latest version, the MMORPG I play called RuneScape is unable to load. I've come to the conclusion that my ZA is preventing this since every time I attempt to load it a ton of different blocked outgoing events show up in my log. Their port usage ranges from 49438-49582 so far. The different IP's are as follows: 216.115.77.182, 64.79.147.83 & 213.146.191.50. Although I'm sure there are many more & I so far have no way of finding them all out. This only happens when I use the latest version of Java, it worked fine with version 6, update 32. However, I'd still like to be able to run the latest version. Please I need help here, what do you all suggest?

Default Re: ZA Free Firewall Prevents RuneScape From Loading.

Hello;

Please use the forum Search feature, search for "Java" ..

as your issues has already been resolved..

1.) Sticky: Conflict with ZA and Java 7.5

2.) Sticky: New JAVA 7 Update 5 - (June 2012)

NOTICE:

if version 6 works while new version 7 does NOT, then Oracle has broken something and they need to be notified about your issue so that they can look at it.

Please report to Oracle that latest JAVA version 7.5 has broken the compatibility with ZA and install back the latest build of JAVA version 6 you find here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

Oracle Java bug reporting page can be found here:
    http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/main.jsp
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 8th, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

Please use the forum Search feature, search for "Java" ..

as your issues has already been resolved..

1.) Sticky: Conflict with ZA and Java 7.5

2.) Sticky: New JAVA 7 Update 5 - (June 2012)

NOTICE:

if version 6 works while new version 7 does NOT, then Oracle has broken something and they need to be notified about your issue so that they can look at it.

Please report to Oracle that latest JAVA version 7.5 has broken the compatibility with ZA and install back the latest build of JAVA version 6 you find here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

Oracle Java bug reporting page can be found here:
    Thanks although one part has me a bit confused. In some areas you & others stated that it's best to always run the latest version. However, being that there is a problem it's also recommended I use the older version 6.5. I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk or is there nothing else I can really do? Actually here's a better question below:

1: Is it safer to keep the latest version of ZA & role back Java to 6.5 or...

2: ...Keep Java 7.5, remove ZA & use the Windows 7 Firewall instead?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop554 View Post
    Thanks although one part has me a bit confused. Actually here's a better question below:

1: Is it safer to keep the latest version of ZA & role back Java to 6.5 or...

2: ...Keep Java 7.5, remove ZA & use the Windows 7 Firewall instead?

Hi!

if version 6 works while new version 7 doesn't than Oracle has broken something and they need to look at it. Please report to Oracle that latest version have broken the compatibility with ZA and install back the latest build of version 6 you find here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

Java Version 6 is fully supported and it will for a long time still.

Oracle bug reporting page can be found here:

===========================
    I'm using Java 7.5 on three (3) of my Windows 7 computers with ZA Extreme security 10.2.057.000 with no problem..

Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator that may answer your last question.. ?

Then decided on what security software you want.

We cant suggest what you should use, sorry.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 8th, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hi!

if version 6 works while new version 7 doesn't than Oracle has broken something and they need to look at it. Please report to Oracle that latest version have broken the compatibility with ZA and install back the latest build of version 6 you find here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

Java Version 6 is fully supported and it will for a long time still.

Oracle bug reporting page can be found here:

===========================
    I'm using Java 7.5 on three (3) of my Windows 7 computers with ZA Extreme security 10.2.057.000 with no problem..

Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator that may answer your last question.. ?
    Thanks, what I'll do is combine the different opinions I'm getting on 2 different forums to come up with my best answer. Although I'm pretty sure the deciding vote will be to role back Java & keep the latest version of ZA. Since ZA protects my whole computer & I only use Java for RuneScape & nothing more.

P.S: I just now tried to load the link you provided to download Java 6 & I got an error from Oracle saying the page wasn't found.
    Last edited by sodapop554; July 8th, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Problem

Thanks,
    P.S: I just now tried to load the link you provided to download Java 6 & I got an error from Oracle saying the page wasn't found.

Hmmm.. I just tried the link to report Java Bugs and got this page from Oracle:

Report an Issue

Common Issues

Given the large number of feedback we receive, we are not able to respond to individual submissions.
    Here is a list of commonly reported issues. Please select the issue that you are facing from the list below:
    Pogo Issues: reporting issues with Pogo games.
    Why are the Java update settings not saved in the Java control panel?
    Virus found in the Java cache directory.
    While Java installation is in progress, a message box with the following error is displayed: "Error: Old file not found."
    After the installation of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com, the system fails to verify successful installation.
    An application or applet has crashed the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). As result, a file with filename beginning with hs_err has been placed on the desktop.
    What is JavaScript and how is it different from Java Technology?

Report an Issue

I am experiencing a problem not listed above.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 8th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    GeorgeV

Uninstalled Version 7 Update 5 and install Version 6 Update 33 :

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

Have a nice Day

sodapop554 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Uninstalled Version 7 Update 5 and install Version 6 Update 33 :

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

Have a nice Day
    I just now found that download myself but thanks anyway!

This thread can be closed now.

sodapop554 Guest

Default Where Can I Submit Bugs With ZA Free Firewall?

The tittle pretty much sums it up, where can I submit bugs regarding the latest version of ZA Free Firewall, here or their official site somewhere?

As for the reason why, I'll detail below....

As with the previous version of ZA's Free Firewall, it refuses to recognize the official RuneScape game client. By this I mean unless the game client is run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, ZA refuses to give the necessary popup window to allow the client to access the web. In short unless run in the compatibility mode mentioned above, it blocks all communications to RuneScape's login & world servers. I'd like to be able to report this problem to ZA so that hopefully in the near future versions it will be fixed.

Default Re: Where Can I Submit Bugs With ZA Free Firewall?

I am confused, you keep posting the same messages in multiple threads although you have been already given the solution and confirmed it: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=78840

Did you revert back to JAVA version 6? JAVA 7 has a bug that prevents ZA working properly: ZoneAlarm Free with Virus checker and Java7 Update 1 to 6 . Oracle is aware of the problem and working on a fix. We have no news about when a bug fix release of Java will be available.

You are encouraged to report bugs to Oracle here: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/main.jsp
    More reports submitted more likely Oracle will look into the issue earlier than later.

If you have already reverted back to JAVA 6 then there is something else wrong than ZA in your system or your ZA installation is corrupted. There are no known issue with ZA, Runescape and Java 6.

ZAfree offer no official support or places to report bugs. Sorry.

You will need to move to another solution that works on your system if you are unable to troubleshoot yourself the issue. Having seen all the problems you are experiencing with ZA and the number of posts here I wonder why you keep insisting on using it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information