Thread: [SOLVED] ZA Extreme Security makes my system slow + ORIGIN BF3 problems

sent2rob Guest

Default [SOLVED] ZA Extreme Security makes my system slow + ORIGIN BF3 problems

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 (10.1.079.000 and 10.2.068.000) makes my system slow (starts about 2 monds ago) and let programms hang or block internet acces even when i give the programm full internet acces?
    Ccleaner takes a long time to scan drive c:\, origen starts twice and give problems that way, so on so on ......
    If i uninstall za everyting works fine again, ccleaner scans verry fast and origen starts only once!
    Also dit a clean install of Windows7 ultimate x64 sp1 but still the same incompatiblity thing? I use za for a long time and know that microsoft firewal must be off etc etc...
    I remember start using my wireless router at about the same time the problems start, can my d-link router make za behave like this?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 (10.1.079.000 and 10.2.068.000) makes my system s

Quote Originally Posted by sent2rob View Post
    I remember start using my wireless router at about the same time the problems start, can my d-link router make za behave like this?
    Apart from the new router drivers are you letting windows 7 managing the connenction or you also have installed their software to manage the router/wireless? This may be cause of the conflict. Remove the software (if any) and use windows "Wireless Zero Configuration"

Next step is to understand if you have other third party utilities conflicting with ZA. You need to start windows 7 clean of any non-OS components. This way:

1.) Click Start
    2.) Type MSConfig in the search box and click OK ENTER
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except zatray and forcefield
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ForceField (if present), and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

How does it work? Always slow? If not, slowly check back items (by group of 4 or 5) first in the service TAB and next in the startup items, up to when you find the culprit of the slowdown.

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

Please also note that a new ZA version has been just released, you find the latest one here:
    Looking for the latest version?

Finally please note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA official technical support at the link in my signature (look for the live chat icon) as we are all users here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sent2rob Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 (10.1.079.000 and 10.2.068.000) makes my system s

I did wat jou wrote, installed za and from the beginning everyting workt fine untill i turn on the option "brouwser virtualization" then origins starts to act crazie!
    The slowdown is gone, dont no wat went wrong the first 2 times?
    But now it works like it shoot, exept for the brouwser virtualization function?

Thx!

You're welcome!

For the browser virtualization function: you may run some conflicting software.
    Try the MSCONFIG procedure to identify the culprit application/software.

You may also need a reboot after the first install to have everything in place correctly.

Also explain exactly error messages received or type of crazy behavior.

Fax

sent2rob Guest

I think origen is not compatible with za brouwser virtualization, with this option on origen start twice and then say that origen is already active on one other computer and ask me if i want to log on on this computer and disconnect the connection on the other computer.... also it bloks the start of battlefield3. If i turn of the brouwser virtualization every thing works fine again.

Hi!

yes, that is why "Game Mode" is there. Before launching the game, right click the ZA icon near the clock, select "Game Mode", choose "allow" or "deny" (default) and CHECK the box "Turn OFF web security for game mode". Finally push on "Start Game Mode". Do not close the ZA Game Mode window and when you have finished playing push on "Stop Game Mode".

This way you will have no problem.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 30th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

sent2rob Guest

Hi Fax,

When i start the battelfield3 in game mode it gives a error as soon as i click on a server to start joining, origen starts only ones but it says (kan geen toegang krijgen tot het apparaat, pad of bestand krijgen. mogelijk hebt u geen toegangsmachtegingen voor het item.) can not get acces to the device, pad or file. Possible you have no acces power fore the item.
    When i look in za(in game mode) i see the browser virtualization is on and the web security is off but the game dont work. If i manualy turn on web security and turn of browser virtualization everything works fine! so the game mode is not fixing the problem?

Cheers

Rob.

Hi!

no, Game Mode if you tick "turn OFF web protection..." will turn OFF the ZA virtualization. You may need to wait some few seconds to have both OFF. First it will turn OFF the web security and then ZA virtualization.

If you are too fast and start the game just after you pushed on "Start Game Mode" then ZA virtualization may still be ON.

Tested here with BF3 and works fine

sent2rob Guest

Jou are right, when waiting a bit longer they both off!
    Think the problems are solved then, thanks Fax

You're welcome!

In essence some games are very picky on the system and software in between them, so you will need to turn OFF virtualization and/or web protection. You can use Game Mode or simply go the ZA interface and turn them ON/OFF. But for the rest ZA web protection should work fine and help you to have a safer journey on banking or shopping activities and getting rid of most of the malware infections originating from general web browsing (the majority out there nowadays).

I will close this thread as the issue is resolved. Do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other ZA product related issues or open PM if you need to re-open this thread.

Enjoy BF3... nice game!

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 30th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thread Information