Thread: How to get rid of 'install Antivirus' section in ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.x?

zaus Guest

Default How to get rid of 'install Antivirus' section in ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.x?

Is there any way to get rid of that annoying section that tells me that I could (but don't have yet done) install ZoneAlarm Antivirus?

I mean, I explicitly downloaded and installed the 'firewall-only' product. I don't want to get harassed with that annoying big 'don't you wanna install antivirus as well' section that is just in the spot where the 'Computer' section was prior to 10.2, so one habitually clicks on that big button 'all the time'. Only now starting the download and installling process.

I instantly uninstalled the 10.2.x version and went back to 10.1.101.000 because I couldn't find a way to get rid of that 'antivirus element'.
    I understand that the product is free and that they want to implement some ad. But first of all, the antivirus is also free, so they don't get any money from that. And secondly, it would be sufficient, if that Button was smaller ans somewhere else. Or in other words: The Firewall-only product would deserve it's own main gui, meaning, just the one that was there before 10.2.

But maybe someone has good news for me and can tell how to get rid of that 'antivirus element' on the main gui screen.

Default Re: How to get rid of 'install Antivirus' section in ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.x?

Quote Originally Posted by zaus View Post
    Is there any way to get rid of that annoying section that tells me that I could (but don't have yet done) install ZoneAlarm Antivirus?

Yes do Do NOT Download the Zone Alarm Free Firewall + Andi-virus version..

ZoneAlarm® Free Antivirus + Firewall The ultimate free Internet security solution
    The only all-in-one free security that seamlessly intergrates both antivirus and two-way firewall together for maximum protection and performance. Learn More > Read customer reviews

DOWNLOAD

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall World's #1 Firewall
    Our 2-way firewall proactively protects against inbound and outbound attacks while making you invisible to hackers. Learn More > Read customer reviews

DOWNLOAD

I mean, I explicitly downloaded and installed the 'firewall-only' product. I don't want to get harassed with that annoying big 'don't you wanna install antivirus as well' section that is just in the spot where the 'Computer' section was prior to 10.2, so one habitually clicks on that big button 'all the time'. Only now starting the download and installling process.

That was a Bug in earleir version of ZA Free,
    You will not have that problem with version 10.2.072.000

I instantly uninstalled the 10.2.x version and went back to 10.1.101.000 because I couldn't find a way to get rid of that 'antivirus element'.
    I understand that the product is free and that they want to implement some ad. But first of all, the antivirus is also free, so they don't get any money from that. And secondly, it would be sufficient, if that Button was smaller ans somewhere else. Or in other words: The Firewall-only product would deserve it's own main gui, meaning, just the one that was there before 10.2.

But maybe someone has good news for me and can tell how to get rid of that 'antivirus element' on the main gui screen.

The instruction for a clean install are below,

1. Download the latest versionLooking for the latest version?
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry withthe Free Ccleaner.exe
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, now reboot after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Save Settings from the old install.

zaus Guest

Default Re: How to get rid of 'install Antivirus' section in ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.x?

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information