Thread: ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000

hanging Guest

Angry ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000

This may not be the proper thread to post to. I presently have (the PAID) ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000 (because the last update was impossible to deal with). I have been updating Firefox (current browser) on an on-going basis, and have seen that the Force Field is not supported by Firefox.

I now note that there is another update to the ZAES, 10.2.072.000, which apparently others are having a problem with compatibility with Firefox as well. What is your recommendation? I am being hit by getting hi-jacked & malware being dropped on the browser. One reason I did not keep the last ZAES version was because it tries to force its own AV program on the user and I want to keep the EsetNOD32 which I have, however it did not affect the functionality of the ZAES program when I turned the ZA AV function off. It was only when Firefox began updating its program that I encountered problems. I have NO Zone Alarm Tool bar showing at the top of the web pages.

What would you recommend? That I upgrade to the latest ZAES (upgrade is available to me I - - only need to click on it), and downgrade to a lower Version of Firefox? I am at a loss as to the reason these two programs are not compatible and I do not have the security I desperately need. The "alerts" function reflects blocks from various sources, however it seems that it is only my browser security which is being impaired. I have the PAID version of the ZAES. OS Windows XP SP 3. ZAES is the only program I have to protect the computer other than the EsetNOD32 AV. Also I do not know how to downgrade the Firefox to an earlier version (if there is one that is compatible).

Thank you for any advice you may be able to provide.
    "hanging"

Default Re: Can't Bring Up Zone Alarm Interface

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    What would you recommend?
    First of all to avoid conflicting programs, please remove all 3rd party antivirus and security software.These products will conflict with your ZoneAlarm product and could result in technical or performance problems.Even if disable.

So uninstall EsetNOD32 AV if you want to use ZAES.

ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000 Very old version and no longer supported.

You could try the following at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost...84&postcount=4

Post for other issue.The instruction for a clean install are valid for ZoneAlarm :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost...67&postcount=2

If current license user.You can seek help at Support Live Chat 24/7 :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox 14.0.1

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.2.072.000
    ZoneAlarm license key:
    Vsmon version: 10.2.072.000
    Driver version: 10.2.072.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.2.11.97
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1090346592
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.395.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.2.104.0
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; July 29th, 2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Version, uninstall instruction

Default Re: ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000

First of all there are no stability issues with latest ZA Extreme 10.2.072.000 and Firefox 14. They work perfectly fine.

Second, you have been already recommended to never run two AVs at the same time back in 2010. http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=76003

Third, ZA 9 is fully outdated, not supported and does not provide optimal protection as compared to latest version. You should either fully remove it and run only the other security solution or update it to the latest version only after having fully removed the other security solution (not enough to disable it).

Finally, please do no hijack other users threads, open yours. I have moved your post in a new thread accordingly. Follow Sky Soldiers suggestion if you want to move the new ZA version.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 29th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

Red face Re: ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000

To Sky Soldiers & fax:

My most sincere apology for not starting a new thread. I am not familiar enough with the forum, therefore I erred.

I have never had two AV programs running at the same time. I shut the AV off in the Zone Alarm Extreme Security, so only the Eset NOD 32 was running. Since I am an octogenarian I have never had a sufficient amount of training with computers, however have not had any serious problems other than those I have encountered with Zone Alarm Extreme Security. I have been using Zone Alarm since the early 2000's without any problems at all for several years.

In the future I will examine all of my options relevant to the on-going problems I have had. Insofar as my Firefox Version 14.0.1 is concerned, it reflects:

Forcefield Toolbar (1.5.152.14) is incompatible with Firefox 14.0.1 "disabled".

Thank you for responding to my post, and for placing it in a separate thread.

hanging

Default Re: ZAExtreme Security installed, version 9.3.037.000

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    In the future I will examine all of my options relevant to the on-going problems I have had. Insofar as my Firefox Version 14.0.1 is concerned, it reflects: Forcefield Toolbar (1.5.152.14) is incompatible with Firefox 14.0.1 "disabled".
    Yes, thats correct the toolbar version in ZA 9 is not compatible with FF14. Nor any version of FF after 3.5 or 3.6 (I cannot remember which version exactly).

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information