Thread: Identity Protection confused

hanging Guest

Question Identity Protection confused

In the latest version which I am just beginning to use, the "Identity & Data" functions are different from the older version I had. When a password or other information is typed in, it is showing it in unencrypted form and until you are finished it does not encrypt it. Also the little boxes are all blanked out (e.g. encrypt, edit, and remove). So what is being typed in for encryption is NOT encrypted as it was in the older versions. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Also why are the little boxes blanked out?

In the older version, the information was encrypted the moment you typed it in.

Also there is a box which is checked and says "show encryption screen". I do not know what this is supposed to be. Any help would be most appreciated, as I am in a state of confusion at the moment. Thank you.
    Last edited by hanging; August 15th, 2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added more information

Default Re: Version 102 074 000 Encryption

Hello,
    just the same as previous version. The data in encrypted as soon as you push "OK" in the same window you insert the data to protect. Unless you UNtick (is ticked by default) an option in that window NOT to encrypt then the data is not encrypted. Encryption is on the fly (no password stored locally only hash values).

Leave settings at default, if you do not know what they are. "Show encryption Screen" is probably related to multiple encryption if you have not decided to encrypt the data when you inserted it . However, I am just guessing. You probably need to contact ZA technical support directly to know exactly.

For more information please consult the on-line manual (ZA interface --> Help --> Help)

To contact directly the ZA technical support just push the hyperlink in my signatue (look for the live chat link on the main support site). Its free for registered users.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 16th, 2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

Smile Re: Identity Protection confused

Thank you for your message, fax. I did contact the chat help yesterday and it appeared that they were taking quite a while to respond, however ended up saying that when you input a password, etc. that it will not be encrypted until you click OK. The menu does not have a "default" function to click on. It would be nice if it did.

It is very confusing, however I appreciate the assistance you have provided. As always, "the best", fax. Thank you.
    Best regards,
    hanging

Default Re: Identity Protection confused

You're welcome! Just remember to push OK on the screen then.
    I had the impression this was the same as version 9. But it was a long time ago when running version 9, so I may have been wrong.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information