Thread: Hide last number or numbers of your ip address?

Hybrid View

marina Guest

Cool Hide last number or numbers of your ip address?

& in the old version of zone alarm
    their was a setting to hide last number or numbers of your ip address
    this new version does not have it
    I was wondering why not?
    BTW If your going to private message me a response
    please allow me to reply!
    Regards Marina

Default Re: Hide last number or numbers of your ip address?

Sorry, ZA was never able to hide last number or numbers of your IP (and cannot do it per design). You are probably confused with proxy services on the internet. You can google "anonymous surfing" to find these types of products and/or services.

ZA has the capability to stealth the communication ports of your PC but there is no configuration needed. This is done by default. However, this will only work if you connect directly to internet with ZA. Nowadays this is rare, has most users connects via a router (a box in your house), wireless, modem doing NAT, etc. All these devices comes with "mini-firewall" in it. So all connections will be filtered by them and not by ZA. There will be few occasiosn only that this may be helful such as internet cafe, public services, hotspots, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

TXGuy9999 Guest

User is probably referring to the old setting available in ZA 9 under Overview>Preferences>Contact with Zone Alarm section>"Hide the last octet of my IP address when applicable"

Just a guess

Aaaaah... OK. Yes. Its an hide to ZA not the internet. Never used it myself so thats why I did not remember it. Difficult to say why was removed.

Judging from the amount of users that complained (one), this was a non used option for the majority out there and probably only a cosmetic option as you need anyway the full IP to connect to servers. So privacy its already gone at that point.

If you have a valid license you can ask their support. Otherwise it was not mentioned here before so we have no explanation or information here as users.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information