Thread: ZASS 10.2.073 Will not up-date and other issues.

waymck Guest

Default ZASS 10.2.073 Will not up-date and other issues.

I too was beating my head against a wall trying to resolve the "will not update" issue. I've installed, uninstalled, updated ZoneAlarm and every now and again I got a message reporting that the definitions were out of date.

This latest issue was a few days ago. I opened a ticket with tech support to solve the riddle and was informed that I must have a proxy setting or malware on my system preventing the update.

A scan of my system did not produce any infections and I do not use a proxy. I decided to fire up various tools from Sysinternals and observe what was going on. After a few hours I found the problem - a check of ZoneAlarm logs confirmed the problem: ZoneAlarm was blocking traffic to the update servers. I added the network 23.67.53.0 / 24 to the trusted zone and anti-virus and anti-spyware updates were successfully downloaded and installed.

Checking for product updates shows finished but choices are Retry or Cancel. Maybe it's downloading the update but not showing an indication.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.2.073.000
    Running on Windows 7 64-bit

Wayne

Default Re: ZASS 10.2.073 Will not up-date and other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by waymck View Post
    I too was beating my head against a wall trying to resolve the "will not update" issue. I've installed, uninstalled, updated Zone Alarm and every now and again I got a message reporting that the definitions were out of date.

This latest issue was a few days ago. I opened a ticket with tech support to solve the riddle and was informed that I must have a proxy setting or malware on my system preventing the update.

Checking for product updates shows finished but choices are Retry or Cancel. Maybe it's downloading the update but not showing an indication.

Zone Alarm Security Suite version: 10.2.073.000
    Running on Windows 7 64-bit

Wayne
    Hello;

Sorry, but we are all users here,

if you opened a ticket with tech support, you must contact Tech support [Again with more detailed information], and tell them that what they suggested did not solve your issue..

Note: Live Chat is a ( Free service to Users with a Valid ZA License) they will help resolve your issue or if they can't, then they will collect logs from your PC to be examined by development.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed.

Also, include what steps that you have taken to try to resolve the issue..

The More information you post the more likely Tech Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Note: Please Post back here with your Progress Report so that Users of this Forum with a similar problem may benefit from the solution to your problem..

Thanks;
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 9th, 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information