Thread: [FIXED] FireFox 15 w/ extension ver 1.5.395.0 ( ZA Free 10.2.074 )

eyenot Guest

Exclamation [FIXED] FireFox 15 w/ extension ver 1.5.395.0 ( ZA Free 10.2.074 )

Because Firefox 15 patched vulnerabilities over Firefox 14 [see: http://www.mozilla.org/security/know...s/firefox.html ] I of course updated to Firefox 15.

Though the current version of Zonealarm's browser plugin is now compatible with Firefox 14, it is not compatible with Firefox 15. You probably already know this.

Since Zonealarm free is now a virus scanner as well as a firewall, I have decided to try using them both, so I have also upgraded to the latest Zonealarm product.

I think it's a good idea to use the latest versions of any security-related product, as well as the latest versions of any product where those versions have patched a security vulnerability.

I'm just wondering when the extension that comes with the latest version of Zonealarm (this version or future versions) will be compatible with the latest version of Firefox (this version or future versions).

Is there a plan for these two things to coincide in the future?

If I upgrade to a paid version, does the Firefox extension for the latest version of ZoneAlarm already work with the latest version of Firefox, or is it the same situation as for free users? I am curious because I'd like to upgrade to the paid version this semester but I don't like what seems to be a repeating issue over the last several years.

Default Re: FireFox 15 w/ extension ver 1.5.395.0 ( ZA Free 10.2.074 )

Sorry all users here, ZA support does not monitor this board. The current ZA version is not compatible with FF15. Compatibility can take sometimes as ZA integrates deeply into the browser especially for some of the ZA products. So you may expect an update soon or may be not. We have no information yet.

Yes, this is regardless you are running free or retail versions.

Unfortunately, this does not happen only for ZA but for many other security companies that have to deal with firefox. Rather than asking here, you may want to ask at firefox level why they have this crazy system of updating their product which render all add-ons useless at each update. You don't have this, for example, with security updates in Internet Explorer

Keep checking this forum for updates on the issue.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: [FIXED] FireFox 15 w/ extension ver 1.5.395.0 ( ZA Free 10.2.074 )

Hello, ZA 10.2.078.000 has now added FireFox 15.X.X. support. You can download the latest build from here: Looking for the latest version?
    If you installed ZA 10.2.078.000 before today then you will need to uninstall it. Download and install the new update to the installers.

ZA release history pages will be updated next week.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information