Thread: Question about updates for ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Sascha Guest

Default Question about updates for ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Hello,

first I have to say that my english is not the best - my native language is german - so please be kind if I make some mistakes.

I have a question about updating ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall. At the moment, I use

Vsmon-Version: 10.2.074.000
    Treiberversion: 10.0.217.000
    Antivirus-Engine-Version: 8.2.11.97
    Antivirus-Signatur-DAT-Dateiversion: 1092686624
    Webidentitätsschutz-Version: 1.5.395.0

Pressing the update-button updates the signatures only. But if I check the version on your website, there is a newer version (102_078_000)
    Is it normal, that I don't get this update by pressing the button "updates"?

If there is an engine update oder for the webshield - comes this automatically or do I have do update manually?

Btw: is there any changelog for the differences / improvements for the versions of vsmon for example?

I searched the forum but I didn't find anything.

I have to say, that in my opinion "ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall" is the best free av and firewall for free - belive me - I tried some on my test-computer.

Thank you ZoneAlarm / Checkpoint for this

Regards
    Sascha

Default Re: Question about updates for ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Hi!

First of all welcome to the ZA user forum! Just to clarify: here we are all users trying to help each other. No ZA staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    Pressing the update-button updates the signatures only. But if I check the version on your website, there is a newer version (102_078_000) .Is it normal, that I don't get this update by pressing the button "updates"?
    Yes, it is perfectly normal. Currently auto update servers are only turned ON for major version shift (e.g. you have installed version 9 and you will be advised to move to version 10).

If there is an engine update oder for the webshield - comes this automatically or do I have do update manually?
    No, its automatic. Except if you install a new version of a browser (e.g. Firefox 13 to 14 to 15... etc) then a manual product update may be needed (i.e. installer)

Btw: is there any changelog for the differences / improvements for the versions of vsmon for example?

I searched the forum but I didn't find anything.

Vsmon is the main firewall driver as well as the antivirus scanning component. There are no release history per component only per version released. You find it here below. It is the same for ZAfree and ZAfree+AV
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

In there you see listed all major releases. Sometimes minor updates are not reported. The non reported version will anyway be replaced soon by another one for addressing Firefox 15 compatibility

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 8th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Question about updates for ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Hello!

ZA 10.2.078.000 has now been updated to address Firefox 15 compatibility. If you already installed ZA 10.2.078.000 you will need to uninstall it from your system, download the latest installer (Looking for the latest version?) and install it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information