Thread: [INFO] ZA Version Update Question

gearhead Guest

Default [INFO] ZA Version Update Question

Just a quick question. Why does ZA not notify of version updates like it used to? This was a nice option they had so one didn't have to remember to look often for the latest version.

ZA Extreme Security
    XP Home SP3

Default Re: ZA Version Update Question

Sorry all users here and autoupdate is turned ON only for major build changes (e.g. from version 9 to 10). You may want to contact the official support to understand why this is ON only for major release changes and not minor updates within build 10.

Most likely its because they do not want users to face problems with updates or they do not feel necessary for user of version 10 to update to latest 10 builds. So only users with problems after contacting official support will be suggested to update to the latest build.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gearhead Guest

Thanks Fax for your response. I was having problems with version 10.1.079.000. and automatic update wouldn't take it any farther I used GeorgeV instructions in another thread on removal and install. It worked great, and my laptop is running much better now that I am at 10.2.078.000. The logs are even working now.

Thanks,

gearhead

Indeed, there are users happy with 10.1 others not. Normally if you have a problem official support will anyway suggest to upgrade. So, the two worlds will be happy. The ones not bored with pop-ups about new versions (unless really necessary) and the ones having problems that will be moved to the new version. Again, just my wild guess
    Last edited by fax; September 7th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Please note that ZA 10.2.078.000 has been updated to support Firefox 15.X.X, if you installed it before today then you will need to uninstall it, download the new compiled installer (Looking for the latest version?) and install it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information