Thread: Zapcas-AE

ginnpr Guest

Default Zapcas-AE

Have the free version of Zonealarm antivirus and firewall - was surprised that this program and Malware - did not detect this "trojan" - the program that did was ~snip~ another antivurs- I know all programs cannot find everything - just curious!!!
    Thanks
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: reference to commercial software

Default Re: Zapcas-AE

Hello;

Please read and follow instructions Posted in this Sticky Post found at the top of this topic area..

Sticky: xyz was not detected. What I should do? <= click here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 18th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ginnpr Guest

Thanks for the reply - I have the free version of the antivirus and firewall - and the program does updates almost everyday - was just curious - I do know that not all programs will find everything!!!!

Thank you for your feedback..

The ZA FREE Firewall + Anti-virus has a few limitations that the Paid version do not have..

1.) The Free version Only Updated the Antivirus Definitions once every 24 hours

2.) You may manually check for AV updates, while the Paid versions with AV feature may be scheduled to check every 30 minutes..

Thanks for the reply - I have the free version of the anti-virus and firewall - and the program does updates almost everyday
    - was just curious -
    I do know that not all programs will find everything!!!!

3.) you are correct, with the limitations of the Free version, it is possible to encounter a new Virus that pops up after your last 24 hour update..

4.) in this case you may benefit from frequent Manual AV updates,
    or possible upgrading ZA Free to one of the Paid version that you can schedule AV updates more frequently..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 29th, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

You can report undetected threads to Kaspersky also if you are using the free version. If you want even better protection then you can buy the retail version of ZA

The benefit of reporting is also to know if the detection was actually malware as it cannot be excluded that detection by the other antivirus have been just a false positive.
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ginnpr Guest

Thanks again for the reply - but what is strange is as I am typing this message zone alarm is doing a 2nd update since I have been on the internet - Great help on this board!!!!

Thread Information